Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sex being forced upon the young?
I can only speak based on the area I grew up in, but here people are expected to lose their virginity around 13-16. When I was 17 and a virgin people were sort of surprised and at 18-19 people would have been shocked.

Just throwing it out there...

From Wiki...
Reaching the age of bar or bat Mitzvah signifies becoming a full-fledged member of the Jewish community with the responsibilities that come with it. These include moral responsibility for own actions, eligibility to be called to read from the Torah and lead or participate in a minyan, may possess personal property, may be legally married according to Jewish law, must follow the 613 laws of the Torah and keep the halakha, may testify as a witness in a Beth Din (Rabbinical court) case.

Legally married.....

What's right? What's wrong?

HumbleTangerine Wrote:I can only speak based on the area I grew up in, but here people are expected to lose their virginity around 13-16. When I was 17 and a virgin people were sort of surprised and at 18-19 people would have been shocked.

A bit sad really,people should choose to have sex when it is right for them,not when it is expected to happen.

What is most disturbing about this is that these two children will now have responsibility to raise a human being when they are nothing and know nothing and will have the power to say whats right & wrong when they haven't got a fucking clue about anything and this baby will make them think they do.

Feel sorry for the baby whos parents are tracksuit wearing dumb chavs… wtf can they teach a child… yet this automatically gives them a sense of power

The girl will turn into a fat loud mouth moose and the boy will just be stupid as all hell, he’ll probably never even read a fucking book

Marky Wrote:So I was doing my random news website scroll through and came across a quite disturbing story... An 12 year old girl has just given birth and the father is only 13. So my question is.. in todays society has sex been forced upon kids? I know when I was 11, (The age this girl conceived), I didn't even know what sex was! How has it gone this way? And more important... how could the parents let this happen? I know you can argue maybe they weren't around.. but the girl was 11!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ed-13.html

Ignoring that it's written by the ...

Even in the Bible Belt kids know about sex at that age. It's one reason why kids that age aren't left alone because they're curious, wanting to be more adult, and they generally lack impulse control. That's not to say they were having sex (certainly not getting pregnant anyway) but they did know about it.

Generally speaking (but not universally true) most 11-year-old girls found the entire thing icky and were scared of being called a slut for even just kissing a boy too long (or even kissing at all) or touching a boy too long (like holding onto his arms at a skating rink). It's pretty absurd (again, that's Texas). But the curiosity was there, we told dirty jokes, and girls would say things like "we must, we must, we must increase our bust." (It's possible this was started by Judy Blume in a kid's book she wrote in the 70s, or maybe she grew up saying it, too, I don't know.)

I'm actually marveling that you wouldn't know what sex was at age 11. I honestly don't know how that's possible. Just out of curiosity, where did you think babies (and puppies, kittens, etc) came from? :confused:

I will add that I wouldn't be surprised if her parents were supportive over it (and might've even encouraged it) because they want the fame of infamy. Here in the USA we've got parents who pull all sorts of weird, wacky, offensive, dangerous, and even sadistic stunts involving their kids just to get 15 minutes of fame/infamy.

Pix Wrote:Ignoring that it's written by the ...

Even in the Bible Belt kids know about sex at that age. It's one reason why kids that age aren't left alone because they're curious, wanting to be more adult, and they generally lack impulse control. That's not to say they were having sex (certainly not getting pregnant anyway) but they did know about it.

Generally speaking (but not universally true) most 11-year-old girls found the entire thing icky and were scared of being called a slut for even just kissing a boy too long (or even kissing at all) or touching a boy too long (like holding onto his arms at a skating rink). It's pretty absurd (again, that's Texas). But the curiosity was there, we told dirty jokes, and girls would say things like "we must, we must, we must increase our bust." (It's possible this was started by Judy Blume in a kid's book she wrote in the 70s, or maybe she grew up saying it, too, I don't know.)

I'm actually marveling that you wouldn't know what sex was at age 11. I honestly don't know how that's possible. Just out of curiosity, where did you think babies (and puppies, kittens, etc) came from? :confused:

I know in my case and perhaps in Marky's case as well,we had sex education at about this age,but society had more protection in place and less exposure than today in regards to actual sexual activity.So we would have been aware of sex ( babies etch ) but it was not so much in your face all the time so to speak as it is now.

Pix Wrote:I will add that I wouldn't be surprised if her parents were supportive over it (and might've even encouraged it) because they want the fame of infamy. Here in the USA we've got parents who pull all sorts of weird, wacky, offensive, dangerous, and even sadistic stunts involving their kids just to get 15 minutes of fame/infamy.

I cannot say were the parents minds were at.
And yes the parents would have got fame/infamy from this, but the wrong kind of fame if you get my drift.
Any thing like this when children are involved is looked down on by are society very badly.
The parents could very easily been seen as bad,and many questions and investigations could be launched to find out how this happened.

Pix Wrote:Ignoring that it's written by the ...

omg thats fucking brilliant…

But i dont take it too seriously though, its no better or worse than "the sun" and some of those headlines are true.

Still funny tho! :p

(I need to watch that again right now)

I seen the same article on BBC news so I can take its pretty factual haha. I think from reading comments someone mentioned about them raising this child and it made me think.. How the hell can two kids raise a child when they haven't even been able to live their own childhood? The girls mum is pretty young too had her when she was 15 and she fully supports her which is admirable but at the same time it does make me wonder did she raise her right seeing as she lost her childhood early?

I agree LGBT sex education needs to be included I don't remember much about it... But I do think this will become more mainstream. The only thing is when you have other cultures in the same school - just because british families may be okay with it they won't be. Already I can remember any muslim children in my class refused to do sex ed which is a shame.

Im sorry to hear that partis but its kinda nice you shared especially after everything thats gone on here it still shows there are members that want to be here and trust the site. So thanks for that and it is a shame it happened but all the credit to you for getting through it so well.

The supportive parent bit did make me wonder if her mum is just thinking 'YES THINK OF THE BENEFITS' There was another article about a mum thats actively telling her kids to get pregnant early to get a house. Its a shame our nation has fallen this way.
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]