Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Your Photography
I wish I was recording to the SD, would have been 2.7k (1520p) over 720p.. Was doing a Facebook live at the time, so luckily I was able to download the video and send it up to YouTube...

"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Fireworks!

Didn't have much time to any real editing, just got rid of all the space between things....uploaded it and went to bed...

"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Here's a couple new ones, couple from the outer banks....

[Image: DSC_8860.jpg]

[Image: DSC_8868.jpg]

And I also got one of the comet "neowise" passing by, not the greatest for sure, but still cool that I got it.

[Image: DSC_8905_composite.jpg]
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 3 members Like InbetweenDreams's post:
  • andy, Bookworm, Cridders88

I was about to say stunning sunset pics, then remembered where the Outer Banks are, so must be sunrise!  Big Grin Thumbgrin
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>
[-] The following 1 member Likes Bookworm's post:
  • InbetweenDreams

(07-27-2020, 10:46 PM)Bookworm Wrote: I was about to say stunning sunset pics, then remembered where the Outer Banks are, so must be sunrise!  Big Grin Thumbgrin

Yes, that is true. There are a few places on the sound side but yeah I had to get up so freaking early to get those.
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • Bookworm

(07-27-2020, 10:50 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: Yes, that is true. There are a few places on the sound side but yeah I had to get up so freaking early to get those.

Looking at the results it was worth it though!
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>
[-] The following 1 member Likes Bookworm's post:
  • InbetweenDreams

I literally snapped this very rapidy having visited the Walt Disney Concert Hall oin Los Ángeles in 2011, it was quite literally a "point and shoot". I was some distance away, about two blocks, and hand held the full X12 zoom of my Panasonic TZ7. Unfortunately what I didn't realise was that the mode dial had moved to "Clipboard" and so the image is only 1200 X 1600 instead of the usual 3648 X 2736 and in spite of that, a surprisingly acceptable quality. I think that it makes an effective photo and I like the way that one of the men is reflected in the metallic surface of the building. I manipulated the photo a little to eliminate the large poster on the right of Gustavo Dudamel that give the shot an almost surreal look.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams
[-] The following 1 member Likes LONDONER's post:
  • InbetweenDreams

@LONDONER That's a neat shot. Just proves that you don't have to have the best camera to get good shots. Speaking of point and shoot, I used to have a modified Cannon point and shoot (can't remember the model) that could take IR shots and could get all sorts of wild photos...but I somehow lost it years ago.

I have an old Nikon D3100, would love to get a new camera mainly for the astrophotography I would like to dabble in...Newer sensors are way better at dealing with low light.
Check out my stuff!

(07-28-2020, 11:53 AM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: @LONDONER That's a neat shot. Just proves that you don't have to have the best camera to get good shots. Speaking of point and shoot, I used to have a modified Cannon point and shoot (can't remember the model) that could take IR shots and could get all sorts of wild photos...but I somehow lost it years ago.

I have an old Nikon D3100, would love to get a new camera mainly for the astrophotography I would like to dabble in...Newer sensors are way better at dealing with low light.

Thanks.  I agree.  I don't class myself as a photographer and mostly use P&S.  Here's another one I took in Bilbao in 2012 of Jeff Koon's "Puppy" against the background of the Guggenheim..  I've done some fairlly basic and rather crude post editing to remove some ugly street signs but I think it makes quite an arresting shot.

This was scanned from an old slide, originally taken probably about 1963/4.   It is of "Lady's Bay" in Auckland New Zealand.  Can't remember the camera but it migjht have been a Yashica.  Yes, it really was that blue.

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams
[-] The following 1 member Likes LONDONER's post:
  • InbetweenDreams

I think I can kind of tell where you might have used something like a clone stamp or blur tool but you do have to look for it. I sometimes remove stuff but usually I try to avoid using those because I can always tell that I've done it.

Back in 2012 I was just learning about how to take better shots, stuff like F-stop, ISO, how to better frame shots and I had an old Sony P&S camera which took ok shots but was pretty limited particularly with low light stuff.

I did however get some decent shots with a cell phone. This was 2014.

It does appear most of my posts from the past have broken images. I went back to make sure I didn't post something I had already posted...

You know I also played around with film. I like film, the only problem I do only have one film camera, but luckily it is pretty good and has a 180mm lens, so I can get some decent zoom shots....but the big problem is finding good film and the chemicals to develop which I have botched a few times...

These both were on just FUJI film 400 ISO. I developed the film myself and scanned them. Not the best scanner as there is light bleeding into the frame...If I were to get more into film (bad idea...it's expensive) I would look at a better film scanner.

Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • LONDONER