Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should i be offended?
So im sitting in therapy today and everything is normal. then my thearapist says something i find offensive. she looks me in the eye and says "mr. anderton why do you think you are a homosexual?" i told her it was just how i was born. she looked at me and said dont you think you want men to love you because you feel your father didnt? i was mad and offended. she made it sound as if some bad experience had mutated me into something unnatural. am i over reacting or was that comment un called for?

Very unprofessional and extremely under educated, bordering on bigotted.

Report your experiences to your appropriate local medical authorities and find a therapist recommended in the local gay community.

A lot of therapists are quacks who have not caught up with the current scientific evidence which has debunked the Freudian childhood trauma nonsense.

At my college the therapists all have little LGBT SAFE ZONE stickers on their windows to assure you that they don't say stupid shit like that.

I say be wary of anyone who uses the word "homosexual." It just sounds like a disease.

LOL total bullshit. Fire her, she's obviously not qualified.

So far we are all in agreement, Grey. Time to get a new therapist. There are plenty of straight guys who feel unloved by their fathers, as well as gay and bi guys who are close with their fathers. Her suggestion of such a simplistic cause and effect is offensive and uninformed. I hope you have other options.

Grey Wrote:"mr. anderton why do you think you are a homosexual?" i told her it was just how i was born. she looked at me and said dont you think you want men to love you because you feel your father didnt?

Sigmund Freud!!!!!!

[Image: freud.gif]

While you're at it, ask her if she secretly wishes she had a penis.

Chase Wrote:Sigmund Freud!!!!!!

[Image: freud.gif]

While you're at it, ask her if she secretly wishes she had a penis.

Go like "I don't know doc, I just feel like a giant ice berg sometimes...and all I can think about is sex and violence."

I don't know if you should be... but fathers should.

What kind therapist is this and what is her background? Therapy is a team sport, you need to find a therapist that you work well with an one that specializes in the type of treatment you want.

Gosh, what an unprofessional bigott!
I agree with all the guys!

"I think I'm homosexual cause I want to put my penis in my boyfriend's ass. Problems?" LOL.