Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shower gel vs bar soap
Which of these do you guys use when showering?

I like shower gel better than soap, because it smells better and it's easier to use, but I cannot rinse it off! No matter how much I rinse my body after showering, when I get out and start to dry myself with towel, there are always some suds somewhere on my body still. It never happens when I use bar soap.

I love using shower gel, I feel like it cleans a LOT better and it's a lot more relaxing for me tbh.

Shower gel. Mainly because it's easier to deal with. The bar soap I have used was really prone to becoming soggy and slimy when I left it in the soap dish. I hated the film that built up on my bath tub because of it. Gel smells better doesn't leave my skin dry and it doesn't leave film in mytub.

what shower gels do you use, it sounds like it has high moisturising content, i dont often use these types but when i do i can still feel it on my skin, also how much do you use, i’ve noticed some people use loads but you really dont need a lot, using loads doesnt make you cleaner, you can even have a shower without gel or soap if your not too smelly lol sometimes its nice to do that and spray anti-persperent and you feel super clean and fresh cause sometimes bathing a lot takes out your natural oils, the human smell is not always bad!

btw i never used soap…

I prefer shower gel, though I use high moisturiser content ones, because I don't like the way bar soap makes my skin feel. When I use bar soap, it feels like there's a film on my skin that I cant really describe... it's like squidgy? like rubbing rubber against rubber.

I don't know is it moisturising or not, I don't really pay attention to it. Bar soap usually makes my skin feel a little dry, but at least I can rinse it off completely.

Do people use bar soap in the shower still? Always been gel here.

maybe take the shower cap of and use that cause if you cant get rid of bubbles your doing something wrong or missing the hard to reach places

The best thing I ever did in my flat was to install a water softener. The difference it makes is incredible. I use soap but I need very little and it lasts a tremendously long time. I don't have a bath because I always shower, but if I did, I would have no problem with a mark around the bath, soft water just doesn't produce that. So many shower gels produce a lot of impressive foam buy they dry out the skin as they wash out the body's natural oils.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:The best thing I ever did in my flat was to install a water softener. The difference it makes is incredible. I use soap but I need very little and it lasts a tremendously long time. I don't have a bath because I always shower, but if I did, I would have no problem with a mark around the bath, soft water just doesn't produce that.

That sounds so good, everywhere i live is always hard water area, i didnt know you could get water softener