Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shrove Tuesday
They're not holidays tho... which is a shame.. us Brits don't get enough!!

Hahahahaha Lol2.

Babe, wouldlikemuscle is right - I WISH it were a public holiday, as we would (I'm sure I speak for wouldlikemuscle as well) be stuffing ourselves SILLY with pancakes, but nope ...

I always remember the day after Shrove Tuesday (Ash Wednesday) was a cool day in school 'coz you got to big up the number of pancakes you ate the night before when comparing them with your mates ... I think I was up to about 3,000 pancakes one year :biggrin:.

But yeah - it's not a holiday *sniff sniff*.

Wouldlikemuscle, as I understand it, the Americans get BOATLOADS of public holidays, but comparatively very little annual leave ... I think the bog-standard on the mainland is what ... about 23 days a year ? Something like that ?? Whereas in America it's quite a bit less ...

... at least that's what I was always told ...

... so whilst we even out, I think ours is better even at the moment, 'coz we get to take it largely when we want, which is cool Cool.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Not much different here,the standard leave is 20 days (where I work anyway) plus any other public holidays that you've accumulated.I always work on public holidays & so far they've amounted to about 1 1/2 weeks.Therefore the additional unused public holidays will be added to my 20 days.I think I'm taking leave next week or so.Oh we have LOADS of public days here (Teacher's Day,Freedom Day,Elderly Day!)

Coolies !!

Do you get like ... double time AND a day in lieu if you work public holidays ? That seems to be the norm on the mainland (although over here it's usually just a day in lieu or time and a half).

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Not for us at the bottom of the food chain!Confusedmile: Junior analysts like myself get paid double but the big wigs get double time & a day.I'm trying to slowly work my way to the top by sacrificing my holidays (last year I took only 5 days off during Christmas) but I doubt that anybody is noticing!:frown:

Yeah not many holidays/bank holidays in the UK!!! Grrrrr .......

I d like one now , i mean holiday and a pancake hehe feeling bit tired todayCry

And call it "National Cock Appreciation Day"! Confusedmile: Now that's a holiday I would definitely take! Wink

Now that WOULD be coolies !!

Babe I'm sorry to hear that they don't seem to be taking notice of your hard work ... I can only hope you're wrong and that they're just finalising your revised salary and perks package as we speak !!

... and Spotysocks, I know exactly how you feel ... I'm minded to go get myself a Milky Way Milkshake from the Naughty Monkies Milkshake Shop around the corner ...

... but I just can't be @rsed !!!!! Lol2.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

*in robot voice* Milky Way is the enemy,destroy Milky Way.Here I was thinking MW was proudly South African.Next thing you'll tell me that the British came up with Idols.

Actually I think it's the Swiss isn't it ? Nestlé (those almighty Kings of the Chocolate Empire that they are), bless 'em ...

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!