Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sinbad was gay! :-)
My mum loves all the old Ray Harryhausen films like Sinbad, Clash of the Titans, Jason and The Argonauts etc.

The old Sinbad movie was on TV last time I visited her. Just out of curiousity she asked about the main actor (Kerwin Mathews) so I looked him up on Wikipedia... he was also in Jack The Giant Killer and The Three Worlds of Gulliver!

[Image: 220px-KerwinJackGiantKiller.JPG]

He is dead now but it turned out he was gay and had a partner for 46 years!

Two other old time actors that were secretly gay were Cary Grant and James Dean. Guess it was hard for them in the old days when things were so old fashioned. It was said to be common knowledge amongst Hollywood insiders but kept all hush hush.

Must have seemed so scary back in 1958! Laugh
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

I was gonna ask where you find this stuff, but then you went and said lol.

Oh James Dean, he was lovely, wasn't he?? Everyone i know who's a film buff swoons at the very thought...

Andy your mum has great taste in films I love them as well. As a youngster I had a major crush on James Dean. It is just sad that they had to hide there sexuality back in their time.

Whoa! I thought this thread was gonna be about this Sinbad:

[Image: sinbad.jpg]

This Sinbad, Cutie, looks much less gay than Kerwin (lovely) Matthews. Nice to know that KM had a partner for so long... it's refreshing. Thanks Andy for pointing out more 'normality' and role modelling.

Yeah the comedian/actor Sinbad is totally not gay at all.

He is gay (as in happy) in this photo:

[Image: Sinbad.jpg]

Nothing like a classic.:biggrin:
I swear i read he was gay somewhere else AGES ago.......
*Looks at thread date*
OH! Guess i read it here huh?:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so