Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sir Patrick Moore. R.I.P
Sir Patrick passed at lunch time today, in his home aged 89.

A true legend, and gentleman, who will be missed, and can never be replaced.

55 years presenting The Sky At Night on the BBC, is a feat unmatched any where on the planet.

May God rest his soul.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20657939

Couldn't agree more Marc, but the cynic in me cant help wondering when the cries to strip him of his Knighthood will begin, given the current UK fascination with accusing people who cant defend themselves.

Sad

ObW
x

OlderButWiser Wrote:Couldn't agree more Marc, but the cynic in me cant help wondering when the cries to strip him of his Knighthood will begin, given the current UK fascination with accusing people who cant defend themselves.

Sad

ObW
x

Agreed.

But Patrick is untouchable.. completely barking mad, but the nicest guy you could ever meet.
He owns/owned a book shop in Paignton and I have had the pleasure of speaking with him on a few occasions, he would turn up at his shop out of the blue, and spend all day signing books and talking to fans.

The celebrities of now could learn a lot from him.

They were saying on BBC news earlier, his wife was killed during the War by the Germans, and to this very day he still has all of her belongings in a room in his house, and lived his life in the way she would have wanted.
Add that to his actions during the War flying for the RAF, amazing guy.

Rest in peace Sir Patrick Moore.

Marc Wrote:Agreed.

...They were saying on BBC news earlier, his wife was killed during the War by the Germans, and to this very day he still has all of her belongings in a room in his house, and lived his life in the way she would have wanted...

To use the language of the obituarists, he never married.

cardiganwearer Wrote:To use the language of the obituarists, he never married.

I meant Fiancee Smile

Marriage is just a piece of paper Wink It's what's in the heart that counts.

my ex girlfriend wrote him loads of letters ~
he replied to every single one . because he was lovely ~

what a legend . RIP ;_;