Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smartphone rant
I'm trying my first smartphone only today, cause I never wanted a smartphone, but recently more or less everyone around me is harassing about "you don't have WhatsApp etc etc etc".
Living in London in found that we (Italians) are probably the most obsessed people in the world about these devices, in fact we have the highest % of smartphones, tablet etc pro-capite, or something.

Here on GS we already talked about this, but there are many new members etc...
I cannot say that I'm or I'm not into technology cause I find it easy, when I was a teenage I was not an hacker wannabe but I was kinda geek with the computer, but using it a lot... Something as changed.
Today I find the most of this technology annoying, not a comfort at all. I hate you're talking with people and they're concentrated on their phone. I use all of those services, but AT HOME.
I'm able to survive in the city jungle without a GPS, without Twitter, Facebook or chatting every 2 minutes.
And I'm able to respect who's talking to me.

So I get a smartphone few hours ago. And I'm hating it. There are something like 50 apps pre-installed and you cannot delete them (only few). I downloaded whatsapp (useful but damn it!) and skype (which I use), but every time I switch this phone on, I must see dozens of games and totally useless things.
I need to spend an amount of time to find 'that app' etc. To me this is not a comfort, and also I find this chaos of icons etc upsetting.
LOL I'm trying to be patient but I think I'll go back to my old (old!!!) phone in few days of hours... XD And FFFFFFFUUUUUU to everyone is going to say: But you don't have whatsapp!

So, now you know that I'm prolix, and I'm sharing this video:

XD

Opinions? XD

What smartphone is it? On the iPhone you can create folders and throw all the useless but mandatory apps into that.
I love my apps. Being able to browse the interwebs on the phone is awesome.

HAUWEI ascend G300. It's a cheap phone, cause I don't like the idea of spending money for a telephone. I know the Iphone is ok. ;-)
Also the idea of a mandatory "The Sims" or "Texas Hold'Em" is not right for me hehehe. XD

With Android you can move all the apps around, so that you have a "front page" that contains everything you use on a regular basis, and push everything thats less used to the back pages. You can also delete most things on Android that you don't need. Just find application manager, and select what apps you want to uninstall Smile

I have android and iPhone, I like both but for different reasons.

ObW
X

This video may help too:

Thank you... XD