Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So... Part 2
I'll be living under a bridge, or show up at Mr. Tinkle's house wearing a cat costume going 'meow' convince him I'm a stray... since he loves cats so much.

Yes South, I am well aware that the screwing doesn't end today, that this has great potential to go on and on and end up with me being left holding an empty bag....

$1200.00 a month is sufficient, I already have my rent and utilities covered via the property care.

IDK - I was trying to be nice and fair.... perhaps I'm mistaken.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Karma as in no good deed goes unpunished?

:tongue:

-.- nur sir
It what goes around come around.
Are you going to let another human being suffer right in front of you?

From what I've read you are a saint! However I don't think its totally unreasonable to ask for you to ask for payment. After all you are going above and beyond!!

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I'll be living under a bridge, or show up at Mr. Tinkle's house wearing a cat costume going 'meow' convince him I'm a stray... since he loves cats so much.

Yes South, I am well aware that the screwing doesn't end today, that this has great potential to go on and on and end up with me being left holding an empty bag....

$1200.00 a month is sufficient, I already have my rent and utilities covered via the property care.

IDK - I was trying to be nice and fair.... perhaps I'm mistaken.

Then even more than payment, which is mandatory, try and talk to the siblings into letting you stay...do it now, before the old man dies..

maybe they can rent to you, or let you stay in exchange for some time to find something else..

Joshular Wrote:-.- nur sir
It what goes around come around.
Are you going to let another human being suffer right in front of you?

He has been doing more than his fair share for this old man, Joshy...waaaaaaay more than his fair share, and without complaining...

southbiochem Wrote:He has been doing more than his fair share for this old man, Joshy...waaaaaaay more than his fair share, and without complaining...

I say keep up the good work.

But he's getting on the the old mans kids and is trying to sort stuff out which he should have done along time ago.

You dont need to get OUT to find a lawyer.

Call or email the state board of law, or whatever they call it in CA. Tell them you need to find a probate lawyer who can work with you, and work probono if you need it.

I dont care if they seemingly act like nice people and claim to not know whats going on. They KNOW their relative is in dire need of attention and help, and yet they just sit there.

"Nice" people can become rabid in the blink of an eye when it comes to money, land, and possessions. I think the least you could get out of all this, is the plot of land you are on, paid for in full....for all your services rendered. That way, when they do sell the property, you have a stake in it....whoever buys the land would have to buy your part also. And theres your money.

You NEED to get protected one way or the other, legally.

There are even lawyers who help people in your situation.

http://www.calbar.ca.gov/ContactUs.aspx

$240 a week. Until spring, they have decided its time to move him Colorado.

So it was perfectly fine for him to stay at home as long as his needs were being met for free (for the whole 168 days I tended him prior to this latest hospital stay That under our new salary would have been 24 weeks or $5760.00). I ask for money and now he has to be moved to Colorado.

Look, his kids haven't been out for either of these hospital stays. They were supposed to come out late summer, then three days called to cancel. They were too exhausted from their trip to Russia. They didn't bother to come out and see him.

And no airline tickets are not a problem. He is a retired United Airlines pilot and they can fly first class for $20.00 a ticket... So the cost of visiting is.....?

They are vultures, every time he gets sick they come to roost in the branches waiting for the old man to die to pick the carcass. Not literately, they can't seem to pull themselves together to actually physically come see him.

One of the reasons I remained silent about finances was because of how they act and behave. They only call to find out how poorly his health is, or to press me for information that may reveal his cognitive abilities is slacking.

Yay... They killed his motivation by telling him come spring they will come to collect him.

I mean they can't seem to be motivated to visit him now and get a good assessment of where he is at. Or deal with the catheter bag, the 2 AM blood sugar testing, the rubbing cream on the ass bed sores, or clean up fecal matter....

Anyway. I just got him into bed 30 minutes ago, I need to get a blood sugar test from him at 2 am.

They are going to take him to Colorado springs and dump him in a facility. You can bet they will never bother to learn how to test blood. The bastards.

Well, like you told me before, they are just circling a dying man.

I still say you need to at least try to find a lawyer who will help you out.
Use the contact info link in previous post. Find some probate/probono lawyers and also ask them for lawyers who work with people who are not able to get around.

If they arent moving him until spring, then you have that time.

Time to do what exactly?

Sink to their level and become a vulture myself? learn them a lesson they will soon forget, or worse, given yet more demonstrable proof that there is no humanity and compassion in the world and everyone is out for money?

Yes I know, I will finish last. I'm one of the nice guys, nice guys always finish last.

They will pay $240 a week for my services. yes yes, I am well aware that is way under the 300 I asked for which is way under the 400-500 that is commonly paid for this service. I know this. Starting now and going to the end of march that is 3840.00 - I guess I need to plan my moving expenses to be oh about $3840.00

What is the ultimate price in fighting them on this? Bob dies a bit sooner from the stress? I get what a couple grand more?

What value is life to a human being - just a moment of life, not a whole life? A hundred, ten, a thousand - Sorry I don't know the going exchange rate on time.

Technically, or maybe I'm totally wrong on this, but when a person volunteers to help out temporarily one offers something for that help as gratitude. That is how I play this sort of game. My having to wait 168 days and then ask for payment seems a bit way off the course of human social politeness for 'helping out'. If they are too blind, deaf, dumb or greedy to even think along those lines then what more should I really expect other than the bare minimum and a boot to the rear soonest?

southbiochem Wrote:Then even more than payment, which is mandatory, try and talk to the siblings into letting you stay...do it now, before the old man dies..

maybe they can rent to you, or let you stay in exchange for some time to find something else..

He has been doing more than his fair share for this old man, Joshy...waaaaaaay more than his fair share, and without complaining...

Stay? Oh god my sweet child, I have spent the past 17 years of my life laboring in this hell hole I affectionately call Mirkwood. I am weary of it, it is a thankless task that is never completed, never done.

Understand Mirkwood may look nice from a distance but its under the influence of Sauron, and we have huge, giant spiders and many fel things here. :biggrin:

I have until spring - when that is exactly I don't know Around here in Mirkwood, spring is February, other parts of the world its March or April

Besides I know this property and the house. The house ain't going to sell. It is adobe (mud brick mixed with asphalt). Its electrical systems fall just a wee short of being up to code as in the last electrician said that he will over look it this time, but next time he must report it. Its plumbing is shot, no Insurance company in California will insure it due to its inability to withstand an earthquake. No fire coverage will ever cover the value of the house as the Spanish tile inside is irreplaceable. full of lead, but still irreplaceable. Asbestos, mold mildew, water damage, the unusable fireplaces (do to cracks in the brickwork)

What we have here is a Grey Gardens situation.

The daughter and Son in Law are not inheriting a gold mine... No sir, they are inheriting a shaft.

No one in their right mind would rent this trailer. It has a minor termite infestation, retains heat or cold a little better than a sieve retains water.
As for the yard work, it all needs to be watered daily with hose and sprinklers. And one can only run 4 faucets at a time or you need to make sacrifice to the god of the Well which demands fuses and specially uttered cuss words to restart once you over load it.:tongue:

The old man has refused to spend money on this property for a very, very long time. It needs a lot of work. A lot. I don't see it selling in this market, not for a very long time.