Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So there's this guy...
So there's this guy, right. And he's really sweet, and athletic, and completely awesome, and I really like him. I came out to him and told him how much I liked him and his response was "I'm sorry but I don't bounce like that." However, we still maintained a close friendship regardless. Well recently he's been giving me mixed signals and I don't know how to interpret them. I would text hime and he'd say things like "I was just thinking about you..." And I was supposed to transfer to his school and when I didn't he told me that he was disappointed and asked if I would do so the following year. He also constantly asks me when we are going to hit up the movies and hang out and stuff. Also, and this is the most confusing, we would attend events together such as family functions and other school stuff and the first person he would talk to is me and he would sit next to me and get really close. At first I thought it was a mistake but I noticed after I wold scoot over, he would follow suit. I'm not sure if I'm interpreting his friendliness for romantic interest and if I should just leave it alone or if I should try pursuing him again. He confuses me but all it does is make me more attracted to him...:confused:

Sounds to me this is a friend who values the friendship. Wanting to hang out with you is pretty usual friend behaviour, and telling you he was thinking about you when you text him sounds innocent enough.

Could it be that in the social situations where he sticks close to you he is feeling nervous and chooses to stick by his friend for support/comfort?

Ask yourself if you would interpret things the same way if these actions/words were coming from a completely different friend who you had no romantic interest in.

Enjoy the friendship, but try not to expect more to come from it - yeah it may become more, but equally it may not and at the very least you have a good friend there.

I think i would be a little confused by the mixed signals too, How was he before you came out to him - did he want to go to the movies/hang out then as well or is this type of thing a new development, if its all new and he's wanting to be closer to you then maybe he has decided that bouncing your way maybe fun after all - in which case Thumbgrin

[quote=matty7]I think i would be a little confused by the mixed signals too, How was he before you came out to him - did he want to go to the movies/hang out then as well or is this type of thing a new development, if its all new and he's wanting to be closer to you then maybe he has decided that bouncing your way maybe fun after all - in which case Thumbgrin[/QUOTE

I agree with Matty , maybe since you told him you like him he's coming round to the idea . Initial responses can sometimes be confusing , he may have been completely shocked by what you said so came out with a defensive remark and now he's had time to think about thinks and examine his true feelings towards you . Play it cool , assume that you are just good friends unless he makes a play for you , he knows how you feel about him so the ball is firmly in his court as far as I can see

I think you should try to accept his behavior as friendly and enjoy his interest as much as you can. Don't do anything about it, let him be open to you this time if he really changed his mind about the way he bounces. The guys before me are totally right.

The hanging out request (is that an appropriate word?) became more frequent recently actually. Thanks a lot you guys. I'll definitely consider everything before I throw myself at him again. LOL. And if worse comes to worse at least I'll have a good friend who's fun to look at!

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk