Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sociopaths
I'm just curious, do any of you here think the gay community has more than our share of sociopaths? My ex is a sociopath and so is my bf's ex. We were both lied to, and used, and even stalked after trying to break it off. I think that's one reason why our relationship has lasted so long, we're grateful for each other and that we don't have to deal with that drama anymore.

If any of you here aren't familiar with what a sociopath is, I suggest you look it up and learn about it. Keep an eye out for them, because they LOVE drama and they WILL ruin your life before moving on to their next victim. And if any of you are in the closet, the gay (or often bisexual) sociopath will use this against you, and threaten to tell everyone just so you'll give them what they want. I know, I've been down that road before.

The worst I've had was some really sick stalkers but I took care of them and always cautious about new people who show signs of being sociopaths. Your post reminded me I had this in my book marks.

10 signs for spotting a sociopath

#1) Sociopaths are charming. Sociopaths have high charisma and tend to attract a following just because people want to be around them. They have a "glow" about them that attracts people who typically seek guidance or direction. They often appear to be sexy or have a strong sexual attraction. Not all sexy people are sociopaths, obviously, but watch out for over-the-top sexual appetites and weird fetishes.

#2) Sociopaths are more spontaneous and intense than other people. They tend to do bizarre, sometimes erratic things that most regular people wouldn't do. They are unbound by normal social contracts. Their behavior often seems irrational or extremely risky.

#3) Sociopaths are incapable of feeling shame, guilt or remorse. Their brains simply lack the circuitry to process such emotions. This allows them to betray people, threaten people or harm people without giving it a second thought. They pursue any action that serves their own self interest even if it seriously harms others. This is why you will find many very "successful" sociopaths in high levels of government, in any nation.

#4) Sociopaths invent outrageous lies about their experiences. They wildly exaggerate things to the point of absurdity, but when they describe it to you in a storytelling format, for some reason it sounds believable at the time.

#5) Sociopaths seek to dominate others and "win" at all costs. They hate to lose any argument or fight and will viciously defend their web of lies, even to the point of logical absurdity.

#6) Sociopaths tend to be highly intelligent, but they use their brainpower to deceive others rather than empower them. Their high IQs often makes them dangerous. This is why many of the best-known serial killers who successfully evaded law enforcement were sociopaths.

#7) Sociopaths are incapable of love and are entirely self-serving. They may feign love or compassion in order to get what they want, but they don't actually FEEL love in the way that you or I do.

#8) Sociopaths speak poetically. They are master wordsmiths, able to deliver a running "stream of consciousness" monologue that is both intriguing and hypnotic. They are expert storytellers and even poets. As a great example of this in action, watch this interview of Charles Manson on YouTube.

#9) Sociopaths never apologize. They are never wrong. They never feel guilt. They can never apologize. Even if shown proof that they were wrong, they will refuse to apologize and instead go on the attack.

#10 Sociopaths are delusional and literally believe that what they say becomes truth merely because they say it! Charles Manson, the sociopathic murderer, is famous for saying, "I've never killed anyone! I don't need to kill anyone! I THINK it! I have it HERE! (Pointing to his temple.) I don't need to live in this physical realm..."

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/036112_sociop...z3LRrOlcE0

In one way or another this could describe half the people I know, Virge. Good thing I only know about 4 people. Or is it that many? I don't remember.
I bid NO Trump!

Sounds like a lot of young people I know. First off you never owe anything to anyone, don't feel like if you don't do something that they want you, are at fault. They will try to find your buttons to push, don't trust people just because you want to be close to them. Trust is earned over time, they have to show you that they can be trusted.
Be careful out there, there are more than just sociopaths to watch out for, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

My ex fit every one of those traits listed above. I started talking to him online, and we went on a few dates, then suddenly he calls me one night crying and says his roommate is kicking him out and he has nowhere to stay (later found out that was a lie). He also tells me that his family had disowned him (more lies) and that he couldn't go back home. I gave in and told him he could stay me for a few days, well those few days turned into a year of misery.

I was only 20 years old at the time (and new to the gay scene), but I had a good job and had just bought my first home. He saw that, and decided that I was going to be his new prey. He absolutely would NOT hold a job, but according to him it was always someone else's fault why he got fired. He would go around telling people that my house was really his, but he was just letting me stay there. Same thing with my car, it was really "his". He would take my credit cards and checkbook and get furious when I confronted him about it, then he would turn it around so that I was the bad guy. There were many fights and many were violent. After a year I was exhausted and practically bankrupt. After I threatened to kick him out he got desperate and decided to fake a suicide to get my sympathy. After that I kicked him out anyway and then the stalking started. I found out he had went to several of my friends homes and told them all sorts of lies about me, even told one that I was HIV positive (I'm not).

I see that there are young people who post here that are fairly inexperienced, so I just wanted to get the point across here to PLEASE look out for these types of people. Gay people are especially vulnerable if they're not "out" yet, and the drama these people create can wreak havoc on your life. Once you let one of these people in your life they will not leave you alone until your financial and social life has been ruined. I was so in love with this guy in the beginning, but in the end I hated his guts. That was 13 years ago and still to this day I hope I never see that sorry POS again.

I spent about two years convinced I was a sociopath.....my therapist cleaned that up in about five minutes LOL....

I'm not and it's kinda funny why I thought I was now that I know more....bottom line was I was working hard to BE one so I didn't have to deal with my past.....I pretended I didn't feel anything....did the same thing when AIDS came along and everyone around me was dropping dead....

I also have the pied piper thing goin' on...in my 3-D world I attract people to me very easily...I don't even try...I can't help it.

I am often sexually attracted to sociopaths...they are kind of a breath of fresh air for me in many ways...LOL

I am an empath...and they don't drain me. They are selfish which makes them really good fucks....and honest ones. I love casual sex to just be about sex...and with them..it is. They want to use me for their pleasure...GOOD...it is mutual! I would rather have a sociopath than someone who emotionally blackmails me and drains my energy and decides to define me. I like things to be what they are....and they don't fool me at all so I am never really their victim and they don't even bother trying to make me their victim...

That is why I tell people to own their shit and their role in ANY relationship. You will be "sociopath proof" if you do because whatever it is you don't own...they WILL...

Most of our Presidents are sociopaths...the only exception I can think of in recent history is Jimmy Carter....and it is one of the reasons I love the man dearly.

Oh yeah..I don't think gay people are more likely to be sociopaths.....I think straight people are.

[MENTION=2456]James[/MENTION]. Hey man where you been? I was about to start rumors you were in jail. hahahahaha! Anyway welcome back! Or if you've been in and I haven't noticed you -- my bad.

I like what you said about people and your words do apply to a few people I know but I keep them out of my and away from people I know I don't have to worry about. There's one in particular right now trying too way hard to get in all buddy-buddy with me but I know some history on him that makes me wary. As far as letting people be close --- I have five non-family I can trust with just about anything and they give me the same amount of trust... and two who I have no secrets from. That's a full plate. Anymore than that and it would be cutting the pie into smaller pieces and putting "trusted good friends" on the same level as "friends."

I have a problem with people who play the "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" golden rule in that twisted way that comes out as trying to guilt you into doing things for them... that comes out sounding like this, "man, I helped you change a tire on your jeep. Why won't you let me use your $900. Browning rifle for a few weeks?"

When was the last time you loaned anything to anyone on circumstances like that and got it back on time or in the shape it was in when you loaned it? It aint worth it to make a buddy with someone who's not already a close friend.

Hi Virge, been a bit under the weather with ulcers and such, but yes you understand what I am saying, thank you, Jail? no. At least I don't think so, fiancee does take a bit of my time, take care, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Quote:I love casual sex to just be about sex...and with them..it is

For many of them, it's not. Yes, they can be great in bed, but the sex is simply a tool for them to try to get into your mind. Sometimes they're succesful, sometimes they're not. If you don't fall for it, they'll move on to someone who will.

Pcolakuntryboy Wrote:For many of them, it's not. Yes, they can be great in bed, but the sex is simply a tool for them to try to get into your mind. Sometimes they're succesful, sometimes they're not. If you don't fall for it, they'll move on to someone who will.

I am never interested in them romantically....and they know it.

I grew up with a psychopath mother and surviving her was a feat that was insanely difficult...sociopaths are a cakewalk for me. I do see them for who they are and if you look it isn't hard to find some good things about them...and I find they actually appreciate it when you "get it"...