Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sociopaths
I've encountered my fair share of sociopaths. Some are not too bad when you know how to "play" them right back and feed their egos. Makes for a good fuck. There are a few, however, that are just plain evil without abandon and I am left with some mental scars that will last a long time. I got burned by their fire.

i don't think i ever met any. at least i haven't known any in depth or interacted with any in depth. other experiences mentioned here have never happened to me.

i can't think of a single instance i came across any, but i probably wouldn't even recognize one. the personality traits they possess can be found in regular non-psychopathic people. i don't know how to distinguish what makes one a psychopath and what doesn't.

They are kinda cold as ice....and lack empathy...completely lack empathy....they are good at pretending to have whatever quality they need to have to get the vote though which is why the psychopaths pulling their puppet strings pick them in the first place

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_5IkRFnbwIqDoxSSSVqo...8VNNEdHzew]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSR77SkfybL1femV1v_Jpl...ADiqcFZFQA]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9IvuBlk2__h1HjxYVhRK...mJMPzcg1il]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxyLMCNPHACJ1i34JbnDs...FvYl6mUBr0]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2gj5IFhELYmb8bb7MyjS...oZW-HnLKMG]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTG9IZzSZos7C2k7DNifk8...SPCIEGKjtx]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsYZaKnImJCnniLKOY6IA...W0DnVCia_w]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmZfb6iMAaKc0ei_KRY4J...aI_6eVLtQ7]

^^^Collectively these sociopaths are the reason the 1% owns most of the wealth^^^

...they are often bosses and CEOs...and powerful people from every arena...they can use those traits to get the job done.

If I was to go go by my personal relationships I would say yes. However I tend to draw unhealthy minds to me like honey draws ants.

There are many who have sociopathic tendencies but are not clinical sociopaths.

LGTB do have more than their fair share of mentally and emotionally 'unsettled' people, due to how we are treated for being gay.

It would be unfair to say that most people who appear to be sociopaths ARE sociopaths. Such as the apparent of lack of empathy, a lot people flat refuse to show concern, or open themselves up to personal hurt because of harm they have received in past. As such, they appear to have sympathy, empathy and other stuff. Its not that they don't feel these things, its that they are hard at work protecting themselves thus hide those emotions.

To be fair, people in their 20's are not that stable mentally and emotionally speaking. The brain doesn't fully develop until age 25 http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-24173194. as such people are still undergoing mental changes which will affect their personality and their behaviors.

"Neuroscience has shown that a young person's cognitive development continues into this later stage and that their emotional maturity, self-image and judgement will be affected until the prefrontal cortex of the brain has fully developed. Alongside brain development, hormonal activity is also continuing well into the early twenties says Antrobus." (from that link above).

So at your age chances are high you will be dating a lot of immature guys because they have yet to be fully and completely developed, matured biologically and chemically.

Then there is the fact that you kids are still dealing with replacing childhood notions of what life is like on planet earth with real hard experience as an adult in the real world. Fantasies are faced with harsh realities. if your parents were half decent at their job while you were a child you were shielded from the many issues of life on earth, thus have a biased, slanted view of what to expect.

This sort of thing has impact on behaviors.

And yes a lot of 'kids' behavior like sociopaths or psychopaths but are NOT clinically either. They are 'just kids' who have yet to figure out how to function in the modern world and deal with the realities of such things like relationships.

East Wrote:They are kinda cold as ice....and lack empathy...completely lack empathy...

yeah i don't mix with people like that. i know the people you're talking about but i never identified them as sociopaths or psychopaths. i just recognize a certain common underlying quality to them. but i know the coldness you mention. i do a u turn when i come across a person like that, and if i have to interact with them it'll be on a very limited basis. something like that described has always been a turn off for me.

and i was kinda worried. because i know i come across as something like some things described about psychopaths. and i have been (lovingly) nicknamed a 'killer' by some people (it's actually a consistent trend that i get called something more or less like that by most people eventually).

for example, i am really good at getting what i want. i am highly amoral, have no shame, and i am highly intelligent. i also used to make up outlandish experiences when i was a kid and some people actually believed me (the stuff was made of a science-fiction film), but that also stopped with stopping being a kid. however i don't delude myself or anyone about who i am, and i am capable of love, very much so.

[MENTION=21405]meridannight[/MENTION] Sociopaths never worry that they might be sociopaths....so you have nothing to worry about

I have found as many straight sociopaths as homo sociopaths. In the days of closeted and repressed homosexuality, I think that there may have been a higher incidence of sociopathic behaviour in the homo community...

I have had to work with several sociopaths on projects and they almost were the death of me....I just recently resigned from a board of directors because the Executive Director of the organization was a classifiable sociopathic narcissist and I realized that I just don't have the energy or the interest any more to waste my life working with 'paths. The only way to win with them is to not play. It makes them fucking crazy.

Pcolakuntryboy Wrote:they LOVE drama

Drama is not exclusive to sociopaths. Sociopaths are not exclusive to one sexual orientation. Over persistent people, really weird or odd questions, sudden changes in personality, are key signs.

A person who does something just to get your reaction is not a sociopath. They are just an asshole. Note this distinction.

Narcissists are another conversation.

Here's the one thing I've noticed about sociopaths (gay and straight): they never have any trouble finding somebody to date/sleep with them.

Lex

True, but they can never have a long lasting relationship because they lack the ability to care about anyone but themselves. They're smooth talkers, but it doesn't take long to see thru their BS.