Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sods Law.....
Hello All,
Ever had a moment of sods law??? Incase your unfamiliar with it its a term which is used i think as english slang where something goes a funny way... Well today i decided i cant give up smoking on my own i need help so i went to find a leaflet at the town hall next door to me (i live next door to a shopping mall) and the clinic was 220 footsteps from my door so i went to enquire...

Now i plucked up the courage walked through the double doors and waded through all the pissy old ladies talking about 1960's to join the front desk and enquire.... However after surviving the old ladies i was informed "Sorry the advisor is on anual leave at the moment and wont be back til monday... I said ok and she said there is a rehab clinic down by kwik fit.. I said nice... So i go from a room of old bids talking about 1960's to a room of raving alcoholics with problems... She started laughing about it as i said it in a humourous way ands i said... Ill keep smoking til monday and on tuesday ill give up once got me medication and will power fighters... She did say you could give up smoking before then on will power and i said... I take it you never smoked and she asked how i guessed.. I asked her what is your vice in life?? She said chocolate..

I replied imagen if they banned chocolate from shops and made it illegal to obtain any yet you crave inside for it like pregant mums do.... Well to a smoker thats what the same effect does to us so giving up isnt as easy as just put it down and dont touch again as tobacco is more addictive than cannibis, heroin, extasy and weed... She replied maybe the rehab clinic is what u need as we may be able to help with your drugs problem... I told her i dont have a drug problem ive reasearched it all..

So whos had sods law?

Kindest regards

zeon x

"sods law" or know as "Murphy's law" in NAmerica

all looks like blame transfer to me; goto the local WalMart and get a box of nicotine patches. Smoking, unlike chocolate has the unique feature that usually one particle of shiz finds a home in your lung and ...

in place of the smoking try nude yoga, running, the gym

just try harder to quit, it makes you and your house smell ugly

I don't know about this "Sods Law", but it sounds somewhat like what we call; Reciprocity- what you put in, is what you get out or what goes around, comes around.

Probably not the same thing, but I think it fits Smile .

If you put bad things in your body, bad things will come out (or in the case of smoking, fester in your lungs) - Metaphorically speaking, usually.

Very close to Karma, infact, that's it's common name, but in the teachings of Ashay(Swahili or Kishwahili word), it's known as Reciprocity. I learned all this when they offered the class for a year in middle school :p .

Quote:just try harder to quit, it makes you and your house smell ugly

Oh I wish it was as easy as typing those words, there are too many things that have to be right and a lot of people simply cannot quit without some sort of help. If it were that easy to quit, why are there so many doctors and nurses that smoke when they see it all and have access to the best help?

smoking is less popular here, what i think helped a lot was local governments requiring public places and employers to have separate smoking and none smoking areas. Within the narrow confines of the people I know none smoke. No health care people.

Despite the "access to the best help"
dont expect others to have your best intersts at heart.

Oh wow, I never imagined that you were a quitter! :biggrin:

I smoke been smoking since I was 13, a pack a day smoker by age 15. I have tried to put the old nasty habit aside. I have quit - often. 25 years, a tad more?

Wasn't/isn't easy. In fact I stopped drinking in excess - that was easier. It was easier for me to set aside the meth and needle than it is to set aside the smokes and lighter.

I tried all of the fads and OTC stuff to 'treat' this addiction. The best I managed was 82 days without smoking, then a little stress and I found myself with a fag in hand... I can't even clearly remember going into the store to buy the pack and lighter.

And technically you do have a drug problem. Nicotine is a drug, one that is not only psychologically addictive but physically addictive as well. Chocolate also has a drug in it that people get addicted too.

Sorry, you are a druggie just like me. Welcome to the club! Wavey Yeah sure you ain't out scoring a bag and breaking major laws up and down the line to get your fix, but its still a drug addiction.

http://www.drugabuse.gov/drugs-abuse/tob...n-nicotine

I have no idea why Old Sod/Gray Murphy decided to step in today. Perhaps you need to want it a wee bit more? Perhaps Monday may be a better day to quit for you with greater success?

I think that the reality here is that you can't do it on your own. There is no shame in that. I think you might need to seriously think a sort of rehab type program. A program like AA/NA with a support group and sponsors and minor goals to set and reach for other than 'quitting' for life.

Richard Digance knows all about it:

pellaz Wrote:"sods law" or know as "Murphy's law" in NAmerica

all looks like blame transfer to me; goto the local WalMart and get a box of nicotine patches. Smoking, unlike chocolate has the unique feature that usually one particle of shiz finds a home in your lung and ...

in place of the smoking try nude yoga, running, the gym

just try harder to quit, it makes you and your house smell ugly

If u think im paying £15 ($30) for a box of em patche4s when i can get em free on a join up date thats money i am not wasting.. Ive paid my taxes and claiming some free medication to stop smoking is a way of getting some cash back from my national insurance i pay

Kindest regards

zeon x

bowyn arroew,
when ive had enough of something i freely say GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!! Hence why im trying to get on this bloody course and i hope it isnt going to be a group of about 20 people that sit there and introduce ourselves to and then play parce the bloody parcel to the YMCA while getting a box of patches or gum or lozengers... I just want a 1 2 1 session hopefully whereby i can blow into a tube and get a reading off the scale and be told... My your a heavy smoker to which i can say hopefully well life can get boring lol

kindest regards

zeon x

What you don't like 'sharing' :biggrin: