Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solo Latino?
JAJAJA!!! Good, that could come in handy right now. I am considering making queso fundido. Could use some grated cheese.

yeah the last time I went home with my now ex to Mexico I thought people would started slapping me if I didn't shut up or speak English

You know Curt, I actually have the same problem in Mexico. I speak a dialect of Zuliano, which is exclusive to the northern occidente region of Venezuela. I don't really understand the regional dialects of Mexico. I only understand when they speak in general terms.

It would sort of be the same if an American went to England or South Africa. They speak English, but there are regional dialects.

Jade, como esta que tu lengua materna es castellano, cuando tu madre es Americana de origen?

princealbertofb Wrote:Jade, como esta que tu lengua materna es castellano, cuando tu madre es Americana de origen?

JAJAJA! I love it when these people who know nothing about LATIN culture comment...Oye, chico para mi, estoy es una chico. Entonces mi padre es mi nativo persona. En la cultura de Nabajo, o EEUU, mi madre es primero....no como tu vecinos Espana. ES TAN DIFERENTE! Venezuela es tan diferente.

So basically what is your mother's native language? Navajo? Spanish? English? ... I am not ignorant either.... just asking. When we use the terms native tongue or mother tongue in my country we actually mean, not necessarily what language your mother speaks and taught you, but the language in which you were schooled... My mother tongue would literally be English... but I was schooled in France thus making my "mother tongue" probably French (as well). Given that I can speak both more or less indifferently, I don't have just one mother tongue... so I know where you are coming from (a bit), Jade Ari...

My question was, if you were schooled in Venezuela, then would you have been schooled in Spanish? And what language(s) would your mother have brought you that you can both understand, and / or speak, and / or write? You have already mention your local language that presumably was what your father spoke.

Different people, different situations. I have also learnt, at school or out of school, a number of other languages, none of them I claim to be my mother tongue, of course.

Oh well that explains why I can't understand some of your words. I thought I was slipping. So you in Mexico must be the equivalent of me at Buckley's in Kerry (Ireland).

[quote=princealbertofb]

My question was, if you were schooled in Venezuela, then would you have been schooled in Spanish?quote]

There are Academies in Venezuela where they teach various languages. English and Spanish are more lucrative. Navajo was taught at home. I actually speak 5 languages, Arabic, Navajo, Portuguese, Spanish and English...:biggrin:

Ees coostuumary tu speek moore thaan fiye languashes een aye Lateen Countree. JAJAJA!!!

jade_ari Wrote:Ees coostuumary tu speek moore thaan fiye languashes een aye Lateen Countree. JAJAJA!!!
Rofl

You are so bad ari:tongue:

German, English, and Spanish