Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something I just wrote.
A little bit of reflective writing. I actually wrote this on my POF profile xD. Enjoy!

There was a young man who sought something more in life. From the time he was just a boy, he searched for it. At times the hunt was relentless, at other times he would choose to ignore it. He journeyed far distances and even then could not find what he sought.

The people he met and knew on the way, they passed by like stars in the night sky. Some stayed around for a long time and others blinked out without warning. The trouble with stars is that you know they are there, but cannot truly feel them. After a time, the young man decided to pursue something different, perhaps there would be more benefit in a more obtainable goal.

He studied for 4 years and achieved some dreams along the way. It all seemed to be going well, he barely thought about the previous treasure he turned away from. However, one day the path changed from something wonderful and enjoyable, to a treacherous road, climbing mountains and harsh days came about. The new path was no longer a beacon of hope he had hoped for and unfortunately, he fell from that path, lost into a wild chaos.

He picked himsef up and took some time to experience the odd new surroundings. He saw life in a new way, but strangely, he saw people living life in the wild. He could see them laughing, sharing experiences and holding each other. Forming families and friendships that lasted and they all seemed so happy. He yearned for such a feeling. He attempted to approach, but as if some spell had been cast on him, he could never come near the people enough to find himself a part of their happiness. He wandered through the wilds more, seeing more people on the way, but never able to approach them.

Before he knew what happened, he found a new path, but it was oddly familiar. It was the one he had been on before, the one he abandoned long ago. Perhaps it was time to search again. In the past, he never looked around him to see the people of the wilds, enjoying their bliss. His yearning would at times turn to pain, even jealousy, as he so wanted to be like them but knew he never could. He was different somehow. Being older, he learned about himself and even told the stars he had known so long his secrets. He feared some would vanish, but none did. It made him feel safe, still though, the stars kept their distance.

Eventually, the path lead him into a barren land. He no longer saw the happiness of the people around him. The sky grew dark and cloudy, he no longer could see the stars. The road looked like it went on forever, over the horizon. What was he searching for that was so far away? Despair gripped him, it consumed him. He never reached the end of a path and he wondered if it was worth trying anymore. He layed down, he did not want to keep walking, he wanted the journey to end.

It took many months, in fact an entire year, before he realized that perhaps its not purely the end of the path thats important, or the treasure he had searched for. He was different, he saw things differently than the ones he had seen in the wild. He opened his eyes, and there were the stars again, they were still there. He smiled. He wasn't alone, he may not have something right there next to him, but he knew he was loved. He picked himself up and walked again. He came upon more of the forest and continued to see the happy people, but he also noticed sad ones now. Had they been there before? Perhaps he missed these things on the way only being focused on one thing. He is still walking on his path, but he believes, hopes, and knows one day that he will be able to find the happiness he seeks. Even if he only has stars to look at.

That's really good....

Wow Big Grin

Extraordinarily good , you are very talented.

At first I was like
Huhh? :confused:

Then I was like
Ahh :eek:

Now I'm like
Poke2 more please.

Very good story :3

QueenOdi Wrote:At first I was like
Huhh? :confused:

Then I was like
Ahh :eek:

Now I'm like
Poke2 more please.

Very good story :3

I second this :biggrin:

I have every confidence that this young man will find the happiness he seeks. His journey and experiences can only make him stronger. Wink

Thanks guys xD It felt like self indulgent rambling when I wrote it :p

XRIMO Wrote:Thanks guys xD It felt like self indulgent rambling when I wrote it :p

But you did it so well Cool . lol

I liked it too, Doug... Good way of putting something personal into poetic form... You could write more of this....

It felt like you were describing my life in a way, got me quite emotional. Well done lad
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.