Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaking of Quarantine.....
If only.....[Image: 10485646_778256992242067_366671293615734...9b58fbe93e]

A veritable plague. And bleeding from the eyes is typical of both conditions.

Good one.

I play it down the middle when it comes to the news channels. TBH the early morning Fox news show is easier to watch and listen to than Morning Joe on MSNBC. They are all in business to sell you feminine hygiene products, laundry detergent and retirement plans. Watch the commercials, buy the products and put it on mute when the bullshitters start talking.

Hey! Someone stole my fantasy!

Even a broken clock tells the right time twice a day. I dont watch "fox news" i dont think ive ever seen it but some people say the same about british papers when they dont agree with something they read so therefore ANYTHING and EVERYTHING this paper says is a bare faced lie. Dont think so.

^ you'd kinda have to watch it....particularly over the last few weeks... to really appreciate the joke I think...
but as you well know...Rupert Murdoch has also been a great influence in the British media as well.

not to denounce fox news but I abhorred that story when they said something about "low gas prices will hurt the economy"

like, seriously, what f*cked mind do you have when gas becomes cheaper? unless you have SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much money that the price of gas doesn't matter. if that is the case, then you're so disenfranchised with the 99% and stuck up in your 1% that you don't represent the average joe.

ok, rant and soap box over

trywait Wrote:not to denounce fox news but I abhorred that story when they said something about "low gas prices will hurt the economy"

like, seriously, what f*cked mind do you have when gas becomes cheaper? unless you have SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much money that the price of gas doesn't matter. if that is the case, then you're so disenfranchised with the 99% and stuck up in your 1% that you don't represent the average joe.

ok, rant and soap box over

Now let's be fair about this story.
Fox did not report lower gas prices would hurt THE economy. They picked up reports from newspapers and local television stations that falling gas prices would hurt the economy of gas producing states like TEXAS. I remember the morning I heard that on early morning Fox News. While I was shaving in the bathroom I heard the same report on NPR Radio giving no credit to Fox for the story. The fact that falling gas prices will hurt the economies of oil producing states is a no brainer. If the price of beef cattle drops 10¢ ranchers in South Dakota will go bankrupt.

One thing about gas prices most people don't think about is that federal, state and local taxes combined equal anywhere from eight to three times the profit margin oil companies make off gasoline. The big profits for oil companies come from subleasing mineral rights and oil byproducts unrelated to fuels.

If you heard it directly from Fox and didn't hear the whole story, that's one thing. If you heard it from another "news" channel telling you "FOX SAYS LOW GAS PRICES WILL HURT THE ECONOMY" you sure turned out to be just the sucker they were trying to find.

I'm not taking the side of Fox News. I'm just making sure the truth trumps bullshit. If you want a reason to hate on Fox try a better one.... like this. Watch past the first 1:30 to see how wrong they got the story.

I've since found out Bill O'Reilly went on the air that same night with a lead story on the subject and agreed that the America Family Association deserved to be called a hate group.

And that is why I get my news from google news, NPR, local TV website, local paper website, BBC site and gossip at the corner bar on the rare occasions I get there.

You really have to average it. Since I am not a TV watcher, it seems reasonable to cover several bases. I wouldn't watch Fox News if you paid me.

I do try to do a little better than a former boss who claimed he was getting balanced news by tuning in on both the Drudge Report and Rush Limbaugh.
I bid NO Trump!

Ljay -- I'm not afraid to listen to any of them. I enjoy fact checking them all. There are some stories the conservative radio hosts carry that get no coverage anywhere else in any depth sometimes weeks before the stories get coverage in mainstream.

About fact checking. As hard as it is for some people to deal with -- Fox is more reliable than MSNBC and news viewers know it. Any of them are going to put a spin on news for their target audiences and anyone who tries to believe otherwise is fooling themselves.