Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spots/Acne...
Hey Guys!

I have got a fair amount of acne which has now turned mostly into scars!
Ive tried loads of different products and a few 'home remedies' but nothing seems to work. I recently tried Lemon Juice but it just dried my face up and made it itchy. I may re-try it, just doing it every other night. I also tried Bio-Oil but that didnt really do anything.

... Anyone got any other suggestions to use? Thankss :] x

If I had a good answer to that question then I wouldn't have to spend the winter months in this wretched climate :biggrin:

When I was a teenager with acne I found that it was the Summertime that made the greatest difference. A bit of sunlight can really help the skin. My suggestion is that you try and make sure you spend, say, an hour or so outside in the daylight 3 or 4 times a week, see if that helps. (That's just a suggestion for the wintertime, in summer with stronger sunlight you don't need as much, but between longer days and warmer weather you spend an awful lot longer outside in the daylight in summer than winter anyway without trying.)

Just a suggestion, you mileage may vary....
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:A bit of sunlight can really help the skin.

Spot on, pardon the pun!!

Sunlight will help with scars. A good diet and plenty of vitamins as well. When i say sunlight that doesn't mean no sunscreen or straight into a tanning salon. You need the suns radiation but in a controlled dose!! You would be surprised how much it helps, but think about it, we evolved cause of the perfect distance from the sun and all life is sustained by the sun, so its only natural that it will help us!!

When it comes to controlling spots..... i have no cure. Things like clearasil actually aggravate and cause me to get more spots for some reason!! Normal soap works for me! When you shave ( if you shave ) use running hot water to clean the razor after every stroke. Use a 'Soft' gel as well, and buy expensive razor blades as they work better!!

The main thing is diet!! Grease attacks your face like pigeons aka flying rats eat McDonalds leftovers!!!! Plenty of fruit and exercise helps!

I learnt all this from working in army. I asked the docs for advice as i used to have bad spots problems. But i controlled mine though the advice i have just given to you!!

Also just be aware, stress also causes spots!! So woosa that stress dude.

Hope that helps!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the tips guys! :]
I do notice that the summer it clears up better, but this year im going to be working most of the time! Sad! Lol.

... Me and Diets dont work, but i have been trying to eat more fruit & Veg lately Smile x

Get your 5 a day, Adzz. Loads of fruit and veg and go easy on the fat as Albabonzai says. Enter a marathon and train for it for 6 months. The fresh air and exercise will solve loads of problems including stress.

I seem to get more spots when I eat fruit.Especially oranges,I think.And Coz I run a lot and sweat I always get the odd PROMINENT pimple on my cheeks!
I just can''t get rid.I go a while without then;Bang!! I use all the spot products too!Guess I''m gonna be stuck with the odd breakout.SIGH!!

Adzz02 Wrote:Thanks for the tips guys! :]
I do notice that the summer it clears up better, but this year im going to be working most of the time! Sad! Lol.

... Me and Diets dont work, but i have been trying to eat more fruit & Veg lately Smile x

No No No!! I mean diet as in the medical term no the 'street; term. Your diet is what you eat, it does not mean eating diff things to loose weight. Your diet is what you eat on a day to day basis that medically effects you. SO if you eat ony carrots, although you get loads of vitamins your diet is wrong as you are over stimulating and drowning your pancriass with too much vitamins, as if you ate friend chicken constantly you would do the same with the fat! Just watch out for what you eat, i dont mean go on some stupid fad diet to loose weight. Just watch your diet for what things you eat and try aviod them.

( Just to note as i talking about diets. There is no diet in the world that works. What works is watching what you eat and eating your '5' a day and doing a fuck load of exercise!! )

I totally agree albabonzai with the diet thing! I admit i do eat ALOT of junk but i am trying to balance it all out a bit more with the whole fruit and veg thing.
I think im going to keep trying with some products and follow the other advice given like with the Sun and stuff Smile

Cheers guys! x

Adzz02 Wrote:I totally agree albabonzai with the diet thing! I admit i do eat ALOT of junk but i am trying to balance it all out a bit more with the whole fruit and veg thing.
I think im going to keep trying with some products and follow the other advice given like with the Sun and stuff Smile

Cheers guys! x

ANYTIME! XX

[COLOR="Purple"]Night time care of your skin is also really important.

Many believe in smothering the skin with creams at night but this robs the skins time to breathe and relax.

I use a line called Dr. Hauschka (from Germany) which I highly recommend. Whichever goop you use I recommend doing a gentle but deep cleansing and then rinse with warm water by splashing A LOT and then rinsing with cool/cold water by splashing A LOT. It is often times the soap left on the skin that is very drying.

After cleansing and rinsing off then you need a toner which also removes any soap that might be left on your skin but also returns your skin to its proper ph balance.

At night that should be all you do. Let your skin breathe and expel the build up of gunk in your body/skin... You may wake up with a sheen of oil when you wake up and this is a good thing - the expelling... After some time this sheen with disappear and your skin should have renewed itself and be glowing.

Of course during the day, after cleansing, rinsing and toning you need to add some creams to protect your skin from the environment but it should be very light.

almost forgot... many goop companies instruct using a cotton ball or something to put on the product but it is always best to use your hands in applying goop. Why waste product in a cotton ball and more importantly the product will be warmed by your hands and then your hands will warm your face also.[/COLOR]