Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spots/Acne...
Since I was a student I have washed my face with nothing but water. When I remember I put sun screen on - problem is the sun shines all the time here. I used to use Oil of Olay as a moisturizer but don't bother now. Sometimes less is more. Whatever you do to your skin, the results are seldom instantaneous. Blasting the skin with lots of different products is good for the cosmetics industry but not so good for your skin. A regular low level routine is best.

I HATE myself for recommending a Lush product but it is one of the few things I have found work (just a shame that I now refuse to buy from there because I STRONGLY disagree with one of their campaigns)

Have a look at their ultra-bland cleanser and tea tree water toner. I agree with the guys who have said less is more and not to pile on creams and such but both of these are just to clean the skin, both are natural and neither strip the skin of natural defences (in my experience anyway, I always find my skin feels so much better when I've used this stuff). The cleanser contains honey which has mild natural antibiotic properties (I use straight honey on wounds on horses as a healing agent, I'm not recommending you do that for your skin though!!).

If you have any real scarring problems you could look into vitamin E cream as a possible solution, but don't apply it every day as it will aggravate the skin and cause new spots, once a week should be enough. It works well for some people, less so for others.

Remember any new cleansing product you try will bring out a few spots in the first week or so that you use it, the same happens when you make positive changes in your diet (drinking more water is fab for the skin but usually causes a breakout within 3 or 4 days) this is because the skin is flushing toxins out and some of these toxins will get trapped in pores, causing spots. This is why people so often try products or try eating more fruit and drinking water and give up after a week because they think it is making them worse.

If it gets really bad your doctor can prescribe steroid creams and other possible solutions.

I hope this helps Smile

have u tried the steam/hot water meathod - this worked for me, boil a kettle of water, pour into a bowl the place a towel over your head then put your face over the bowl with the towel to hold the steam in - this opens your pores apparently giving your skin a deep clean, it does work in conjuction with other methods like what u eat etc- just be carefull about getting too close to the water and if u have asthma it does bug your breathing a bit, thats my experience anyway,but it does work

forgot to say - once the steams gone , wash your face with cold water - it is a shock to the system but the cold water cleans the imperities from your skin and closes the pores

I just got told on YouTube,lol,that urine is the best thing for acne!
I looked at a acne help video and a couple of days later got a message screaming that EVERYONE should know urine is best.
I don''t think I''ll be trying it though.

Awww, come on Peter! A little water sports never hurt anyone... and since "sport" is in the title it must be healthy Wink2

fjp999 Wrote:Awww, come on Peter! A little water sports never hurt anyone... and since "sport" is in the title it must be healthy Wink2
Ha,ha! Very good FrankRofl .I like sports but I aint in the mood for
getting wet.Especially on my kisser.lol!
Perhaps if it REALLY got rid of spots?
Nah! I think the guy who said urine works was
taking the P***! I told him so.He,he!

Lol2 Lol2

[COLOR="Purple"]I am afraid we could go on for some time but better let this thread stay on topic Pablo!

Sorry OP![/COLOR]

Wow, thanks for all the replies guys!
Guess its a take your pick type of thing? Lol.

... As for the urine, i have been told to and cant bring myself to doing it haha! x

BiPenny Wrote:I HATE myself for recommending a Lush product but it is one of the few things I have found work (just a shame that I now refuse to buy from there because I STRONGLY disagree with one of their campaigns)

Have a look at their ultra-bland cleanser and tea tree water toner. I agree with the guys who have said less is more and not to pile on creams and such but both of these are just to clean the skin, both are natural and neither strip the skin of natural defences (in my experience anyway, I always find my skin feels so much better when I've used this stuff). The cleanser contains honey which has mild natural antibiotic properties (I use straight honey on wounds on horses as a healing agent, I'm not recommending you do that for your skin though!!).

If you have any real scarring problems you could look into vitamin E cream as a possible solution, but don't apply it every day as it will aggravate the skin and cause new spots, once a week should be enough. It works well for some people, less so for others.

Remember any new cleansing product you try will bring out a few spots in the first week or so that you use it, the same happens when you make positive changes in your diet (drinking more water is fab for the skin but usually causes a breakout within 3 or 4 days) this is because the skin is flushing toxins out and some of these toxins will get trapped in pores, causing spots. This is why people so often try products or try eating more fruit and drinking water and give up after a week because they think it is making them worse.

If it gets really bad your doctor can prescribe steroid creams and other possible solutions.

I hope this helps Smile
I know it''s totally off topic but your pic'' from Buffy is so distracting.Ya turning me totally straight again.lol !
The more I see her the prettier she gets.(It''s those lips!)Kiss3 .
Nah,still feel horny over guys too must say!
what am I doing to myself?
I have tried tea tree oil and it is good cleanser.
I stopped eating oranges coz I felt they caused more spots but I like em so I may keep eating them and see what happens.

I had seriously SCARY acne between the age of 17-19 i had no idea why. but honestly what i would do is i refrain from touching my face and twice a day id wipe my face with a baby wipe. cleared right up. and it helps to do this and forget you have acne. if you forget about it and look at your face a week later you will actually NOTICE the results