Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Start of the journey.
I posted last week about how I felt sick at the prospect of coming out.... well today 16th of August 2013 I finally did it well to my therapist anyway but Rome was not built in a day.

I had written about 3 a4 size sheets of paper ,and the plan was to just go in and do it ..(easier said than done),, I started shaking uncontrollably then the tears came ,however I knew what I had to do so I just read and read and read . Now I know how the idiom 'a weight lifted of your shoulders'.. means it really was terrific telling someone ,having avoided and suppressed these feelings for so long , you actually imagine it being so much worse I suppose that's what avoiding something for so long does to you .

My therapist was so lovely and actually said she was touched that I trusted her to tell her first , when she saw what a state I was in at the beginning she told me she prejudged me and thought I had maybe hurt someone which did make me smile , that word 'prejudge ' I think we are all guilty of doing that thinking that we are not going to be accepted but the only way you are ever going to know is to take that next step .

So now I am going on holiday next week and I have decided to tell my mum properly I know she knows but I have never admitted it to her but I know it's time ,then after that close family then maybe close friends , little steps lead to big places .

So this is just basically my coming out story , and it feels good to be me for a change..

Have a great weekend Guys and Gals your friend Johnnyboy xxxxx

congratulations Smile

Take a look at this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...ef=mostpopular
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

johnnyboy Wrote:I posted last week about how I felt sick at the prospect of coming out.... well today 16th of August 2013 I finally did it well to my therapist anyway but Rome was not built in a day.

I had written about 3 a4 size sheets of paper ,and the plan was to just go in and do it ..(easier said than done),, I started shaking uncontrollably then the tears came ,however I knew what I had to do so I just read and read and read . Now I know how the idiom 'a weight lifted of your shoulders'.. means it really was terrific telling someone ,having avoided and suppressed these feelings for so long , you actually imagine it being so much worse I suppose that's what avoiding something for so long does to you .

My therapist was so lovely and actually said she was touched that I trusted her to tell her first , when she saw what a state I was in at the beginning she told me she prejudged me and thought I had maybe hurt someone which did make me smile , that word 'prejudge ' I think we are all guilty of doing that thinking that we are not going to be accepted but the only way you are ever going to know is to take that next step .

So now I am going on holiday next week and I have decided to tell my mum properly I know she knows but I have never admitted it to her but I know it's time ,then after that close family then maybe close friends , little steps lead to big places .

So this is just basically my coming out story , and it feels good to be me for a change..

Have a great weekend Guys and Gals your friend Johnnyboy xxxxx

The reality is, all competent therapists would have supported that. You didn't have to be so nervous.

Tell me about it lol..... well I hope that coming out will maybe help me be less nervous now .

Congratulations Johnny. Smile
An eye for an eye

Congrats to you Johnny.

Way to go Johnny boy.I guess we all must start somewhere.Good Luck!

This is so confusing. My name is Johnny as well so I cannot shake the feeling that everyone is talking to me.

I came out at the age of 10 in New York City. I was so dumb I thought being in love with another boy was completely normal. My parents loved Jimmy, a native American boy. Jimmy's parents loved me, an Irish American boy. We loved each other and we loved America. It felt patriotic. At some point I was told I was gay but by that time I was 30 and had no desire to turn straight.

The sooner you come out, the better you feel. You will always know who your true friends are. They will accept you as you are and be proud to call you friend. I'm glad your therapist was helpful. You need lots of encouragement at the beginning. I often met guys who came out later and the longer you wait, the harder it gets.

Good luck!!!
John