Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Start of the journey.
Congratulations and good luck johnnyboy Big Grin

Arkansota Wrote:The reality is, all competent therapists would have supported that. You didn't have to be so nervous.

Gurl, you'd be so surprised. Competency is not measured in acceptance, but rather understanding in this particular case of psychotherapy, and a Therapist while professionally required to be neutral, do not have to accept a clients sexual orientation or anything else and could easily suggest a different Therapist, as they could feel themselves at conflict with their own professionalism.

So what you said was actually your opinion, which is not a wholly accurate one and I for one am proud of Johnny(Not you) and also of his Therapist for the level of understanding and acceptance she exhibited.

To say he didn't have to be nervous is very belittling.

I've never ever had to come out to anyone, so I cannot say what it feels like, however, I know not to tell someone how to feel especially because I myself have not gone through this and that every person os different.

Arkansota Wrote:This is so confusing. My name is Johnny as well so I cannot shake the feeling that everyone is talking to me.

It's actually not confusing, as you were not the original poster of this thread, not the one to come out and not the one anyone was talking to, so this is merely a Narcissistic tendency you experienced, in that you figured because you share the same name, that you too could share in this moment, however this is a folly.

The only thing confusing, was why you felt the need to say this, when clearly you were not the intended "Johnny" in which anyone was referring to? I must say I am curious.

~~~

And yes, Congrats Johnnyboy ^o^ . Breathe lighter from now on Wink so happy for you :3 .

johnnyboy Wrote:My therapist was so lovely and actually said she was touched that I trusted her to tell her first , when she saw what a state I was in at the beginning she told me she prejudged me and thought I had maybe hurt someone which did make me smile

When I came out to my mom I was in a right state with the waterworks in full flow.

When I (eventually) told her, she said, oh is that all? I thought you had robbed a bank! Talk about over active imaginations PMSL.

Congrats on coming out, feels good doesn't it Smile

ObW
X

I was all tied up in knots about telling my mom but she was great about it. This only happened about two weeks ago, and it really was a great weight lifted off my shoulders to know that I could be honest about myself with her and that she still loves me and supports me.

Good luck my friend.Bighug

Richard

It frustrates me when people say that coming out isn't a big deal anymore. It's still a huge deal and takes mounds of courage. Kudos to you, and good luck.

Congrats mate, it takes courage still.

I was in denial for many years until my teenage hormones wore off, then I had to deal with the facts. Nothing about what you are going through is easy for many people so good luck and keep being an inspiration to LGBT folk.

Welcome to the forums by the way and make sure you become a regular, there is lots of good peeps here.