Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still, no one should be able or allowed to do this to anyone (no matter what gender)
A shocking story, of course, probably not uncommon.

Bridget B. had everything. By her mid-20s, she was climbing the corporate ladder at one of the most powerful computing companies in the world and getting married to a successful Hollywood executive. Shortly after the wedding, however, Bridget discovered shocking news: She and her husband, John, had HIV. John, it turns out, had been leading a sexual double life as a gay man, the details of which are so graphic that Oprah wanted them erased from her memory. Watch as Bridget recounts the day she confronted John about his infidelity.

This is just one more example of how internalised or externalised homophobia is hurting not just gays, but also the rest of the world.
This comes in the wake of, or preceding such programmes as My Husband's NOT Gay on TLC.

I don't see how this has to do with him having internalized homophobia. He is a dishonest man who holds his wife (and probably everyone else) in contempt. He knew he had risky sex before he got with his wife and he didn't care, it sounds like. He had no business putting his death wish on her.

Darius Wrote:I don't see how this has to do with him having internalized homophobia. He is a dishonest man who holds his wife (and probably everyone else) in contempt. He knew he had risky sex before he got with his wife and he didn't care, it sounds like. He had no business putting his death wish on her.

Doesn't it have "something" to do with internalised homophobia? Which normally constituted man would have such a death wish to start with? Yes he was dishonest. I am relating this to what I've heard Jessica Chastain say recently in a radio programme about how Hollywood is still so homophobic. That man could have been living his bug chasing gay life without involving his wife had he not felt compelled to marry her in the first place.

Trying to hide his sexuality is a symptom of internalized homophobia...trying to run away from yourself because you don't want to be who you are. It is self hate....

Some people don't actually consciously realize they are gay...or are bisexual...that is different.

I have some compassion for them but frankly my sympathies go to the strong ones and the fighters in life...I respond with more empathy to a survivor than I do a victim....

Unfortunately...he made someone else pay for his self deception...and they both have to live with that. On top of that...he was a liar and took vows and made promises he did not keep to someone who trusted him.

I'm keeping my mouth shut on this. Nothing I have to say will surprise anyone and help no one.

Virge Wrote:I'm keeping my mouth shut on this. Nothing I have to say will surprise anyone and help no one.

^

Catsmiley

No pity.

Confusedmiley-face-yawning