Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop Bullying on CN
For anyone interesed, the Cartoon Network is dedicating some time to this issue:

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/promos/sto...index.html

For anyone interested in entering the contest (or telling others about it):

http://stopbullying.bitstrips.com/

its about time teachers and schools in general had more power to deal with bullying, its my personal pet peve, i hate them - never been bullied myself but had to stop a few from picking on others

matty7 Wrote:its about time teachers and schools in general had more power to deal with bullying, its my personal pet peve, i hate them - never been bullied myself but had to stop a few from picking on others

I was bullied in the 80's when I was in school and the first couple of years when I was in the workplace.

The problem with teachers is not always giving them the power to deal with bullying, but more empowering them to deal with the bullying. Teachers, especially those employed by the government as most are here in Australia, only care about doing a days work and getting their pay. Bullying is someone elses problem so a lot of teachers will not get involved even if they were given the authority, which I believe in Australia they have anyway.

I personally believe that as ADULTS (Put aside the fact they are teachers) they have the obligation to get involved or be found as guilty as the bully's themselves....to stand by and do nothing is far more dangerous than the bullying itself as it only serves to empower the bully's.

I'm just saying.