Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straight Couples hanging out in Gay Bars
Zeon,

I agree that there is not much the bar owner can do to keep them out. However, here in Missouri, a bartender can refuse to serve a customer for any reason. For example; not having a photo ID. Or the bartender can simply say they believed the patron to be too intoxicated even if they are not. It's left to the judgment of the bartender.

However, I don't think you could stop someone at the door and say you can't come in because of their sexual orientation.

In reply to the OP, I find Hen Parties the most annoying.

denx57 Wrote:However, here in Missouri, a bartender can refuse to serve a customer for any reason.

Any reason? Even because the customer was black?
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

OK..gotta ask...what is a Hen Party?

We do have the right to refuse service to anyone in California but I am not sure about the details...we also have anti discrimination policies so if you stated it was on the basis of race it would be illegal. I think it is based on behavior or not conforming to the rules of the establishment and it is illegal to discriminate based on race so that would not be valid.

l wouldnt worry too much at the end of the day if the community knows what it is then the gay community within the community itself should be able to stand together and unite.. Alternatively the bar owner should display a notice like some of ours which states This venue is for a specific clientel and all those who wish to enter past this notice respect the nature of what may or may not happen.. If anything offends any patrons entering the premieses the management wish for a peaceful exit... Furthermore this club (name) and the managing staff reserve the right to refuse sale of alcohol to any patron who appears to be or under the influence of alcohol... Many thanks for your understanding in this matter... (bar name) management

Kindest regardfs
zeojn

East Wrote:OK..gotta ask...what is a Hen Party?

We do have the right to refuse service to anyone in California but I am not sure about the details...we also have anti discrimination policies so if you stated it was on the basis of race it would be illegal. I think it is based on behavior or not conforming to the rules of the establishment and it is illegal to discriminate based on race so that would not be valid.

A hen party is when you get a group of 3 or more women going out onto town to get trollied with the bride to be.. The groom to be goes out to a different part of town and gets trollied and is known as a stag night... Usually hen nights are full of fat over rated women who make a complete tit of themselves or harrass me at work by telling me late at night they want to piss on my face.... Stupid bitches lol

East Wrote:OK..gotta ask...what is a Hen Party?

The female equivalent of a Stag Night.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

lol i am not sure fred if the US has different names for those lol i explained it for ya in the post above Smile

kiondest regards

zeon x

fredv3b,

I misspoke when I made that statement. However, a bartender could find an excuse not to serve someone by simply claiming they thought the patron was overly intoxicated. The laws support the bartender in that case. And bars are not required to have any kind of device that determines the patrons actual level of blood alcohol. So, if a bartender did not like a person because of their race, or any other reason, they could just claim the patron was too drunk to be served.

It kinda pisses me off that its the "hip" thing to do -_- Ive been to only one gay bar and I only saw gay me (There was gay sex on tvs as well).

DarkDaisuke Wrote:It kinda pisses me off that its the "hip" thing to do -_- Ive been to only one gay bar and I only saw gay me (There was gay sex on tvs as well).

Well try some where i live in brighton - UK.. Loads of venues and trust me u get lots of raving queens screamiung like girls who have discovered a wardrobe of shoes... Its not a pretty sight