Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summoning Spirits
I believe in ghosts in a different way. Human brain works with electrical waves. You can even find signals from a distance with right tools. So, everywhere you have been, everything you have interacted has a part of you. And lets say if you're sitting in your home all the day; when you die its easier for someone to feel something. But inviting them is a whole other thing. In my religion (it may sound ... crazy) its says there are so many dimensions, and in those dimensions ''things'' live. Good ones will not come if you invite them because they're good. Well.. i don't think anyone should invite bad onesBig Grin

Rumble88 Wrote:In my religion (it may sound ... crazy) its says there are so many dimensions, and in those dimensions ''things'' live. Good ones will not come if you invite them because they're good. Well.. i don't think anyone should invite bad onesBig Grin

not bashing on you rumble but what religion are you? summoning is bad but asking for assistance from one is not as bad because names have power and if you know the entieties name you can get just that one not any others

I'm going to post something I wrote on one of my Facebook accounts last week--Silver WinterMoon, the one I use for intuitive readings. Maybe this can help a bit...

"What I Learned From a Lovely Spirit"

Last week, I had occasion to read for someone two states south of me. During the reading, I was visited by her mother.

I don’t always get visits from people who have passed. In fact, I make a point of not asking them. If they come to visit and are polite, I don’t shoo them away. Neither do I engage in long exchanges—“discussion” would not be the right word for how this works. It’s not that I’m afraid or dislike the experience, it’s just that there’s a lot we don’t understand about what’s beyond.

Until this happened last week, I was extremely leery of people “knowing” what goes on with spirits. How do you “know” a spirit needs to resolve something, or that they even move on? Sure, I always knew they existed. How could I not, being a naturally inclined (if stubborn in dealing with it) medium? But to really communicate? I remained skeptical.

Stepping aside for a prelude here… Many years ago, I was a member of a very nice Wiccan coven. During a ritual, someone’s deceased relative figured out she could communicate through me. It wasn’t a possession, just a channeling, but it meant the world to the living person who was present. I did not summon her, she simply arrived. And it was very healing. This was the first time anything of significance happened, and it did not in any way touch on the afterlife.

Last week’s visit did that. I will not go into specifics, because it was a very personal experience for the person involved. (If said person wants to share, that is their call.) But I will share the significance to me.

There is afterlife, and it is colorful. This person’s mother was able to make clear that there was no good reason for her not to pass on, other than she didn’t want to. She is having a blast watching her family, especially the grandchildren. Naturally, there are worries, as in any family, but those problems aren’t what keeps her tied to them. It is love. Sheer, undeniable, simply complex love. And a wicked-sharp sense of humor that she apparently possessed before her flesh body gave out.

The was also the first time someone communicated so clear as to allow me a specific phrase unique to that individual, one that her daughter immediately recognized. It wasn’t that I heard a voice in my ears or saw a form with my eyes. That is exceedingly rare. No, this was the form of a thought, words stuck in my head, in my own voice. Only not.

This one deceased mother was, for a moment, mothering me. She stayed long enough to soothe some of my emotions and left a small token of her: healing love. Then she returned to her daughter’s side.

So, if you feel a tingle and get some words or an idea stuck in your head, trust that. Not all spirits are here until they resolve a conflict, and many are loving souls who were once flesh and blood. These are the ones who make this a gift instead of a curse.

And to that person’s mother, once again, thank you. It is souls like you who make the world a little more bearable for the living.

And wow, that was my 100th post. Nice.

Anyway, I feel the need to add something, given the topic at hand.

I do not seek out to summon spirits. The few times in my life that I did, it was not good. Ouija boards are magnets for trouble. Yes, they're just ink, cardboard, and plastic. That's how they start out. However, my theory is that spirits--both human and not human--know of it. There's power simply in the fact that so many gullible people have put faith in it. I used it exactly one time in college, with two friends. We got an insane WW2 German fighter pilot. In retrospect, I'm sure it was a local spirit messing with us, but it got freaky. Never again, I hope. (Never say never.)

So if you go looking for trouble, it's plenty easy to find it. Those things are not allowed in my home. I have enough trouble making sure spirits don't visit my daughter, who is very attractive to the spirit world(s).

When a spirit is summoned, it's not like you can check its ID to see who/what it is. I am convinced there are a lot of other out there, things we can't imagine, let alone understand. A lot of people get tricked into thinking that a spirit they summoned is someone they loved, and yes, if it's something nasty, it can been hard as hell to get rid of. I had a spirit glom onto me once that was attached to another girl, one who was quite crazy. This thing was so strong that another sensitive friend of mine sensed it while talking long distance over the phone. It was... not fun. Eventually, it was gone. I don't remember how. It may have gone back to the other girl, but when I saw her years later, she was clean of it. Luckily.

Another note, some living people can leave their bodies w/astral travel. I can't/not sure I want to. I have enough here to deal with! But I was subject to a remote attack, and it was that living person. I had the presence of mind not to panic, and I somehow dealt with it. I was both relieved and saddened to learn it was not my imagination, as her behavior afterword changed, reflecting what I did in return (a you-can't-do-this-until-you-get-some-help kind of binding). I was floored.

It's all so insubstantial that you don't know if it's real or if you're losing your mind. And it IS a fine line for many people. It's not something to play with. If you're not confident or trained in your abilities, bad, bad things can happen. I'm extremely lucky in many ways. Maybe it's just genetic luck that this is in my family, and it seems more finely honed just by nature. My family is so religious that there's no way they'd get training, because that would be playing with the devil. So, so lucky that there haven't been worse problems.

And this is what little I know. Sometimes spirits come through. That one I wrote about above is that person's mother, for sure. Aside from having specific phrasing and such, I have a decent ability to sense positive vs. negative, not just what they want you to think. Again, lucky lucky lucky I'm not spiritually gullible.

I hope this addendum helps. If anyone wants to ask me any questions, you are always welcome. Not reads, just questions. Reads take a lot of focus and energy, and I'm finally to the point where I have to charge money because it's energy I could have used for things that would earn me a living.

Of course, charging for readings is a whole other topic, controversial in that other community. Gotta love it.

I have never had any experience I could describe as an encounter with a spirit or any non-temporal/spatial entity or intelligence...Well, maybe when I tripped acid, but that was more a deliberate, for-humor's-sake projection on the part of the collective consciousness of me and the three people I tripped with than anything, blaming all the weirdness on "Dave the hot-tub ghost"; in my experience tripping, the divide between real/unreal is still there, but can (and at times arguably should) be discarded when convenient, the conventional sense of "reality" always being open to question/play. Plus, I had some sense of "spirits" in the woods nearby. But hell, it's acid. How much you can trust your experience under those conditions is open to question...

But when sober, none myself. I've just heard enough from my best friend and a few things from others (including most everyone who's posted here) that I would be remiss to dismiss it all outright. When we get to people being strangled and thrown across rooms, there's something going on about which I can't hope to claim to have any understanding.

I'm really fascinated by the wide gap between people who have what seem to be intense, undeniable experiences with spirits for which no other explanations can be given and those who have absolutely nothing of that sort happen to them whatsoever. What would draw this kind of thing to one person and not to another?

Quote:I'm really fascinated by the wide gap between people who have what seem to be intense, undeniable experiences with spirits for which no other explanations can be given and those who have absolutely nothing of that sort happen to them whatsoever. What would draw this kind of thing to one person and not to another?

I don't know that anyone can say for sure, but for me, I think that some of it has to do with the fact that some people are better able to sense things. It's like people have a super sense of smell or sight, when someone else might be blind. In this case, it seems that a lot of the spirit world pics up on who has that ability and who does not. Why waste energy on a person who will never perceive you?

And for the record, for me, alcohol dulls that sense. I can't imagine what would happen with any acid or other drugs.

I had a really weird experience last night on my way home from visiting my boyfriend and would like to get some opinions on it.

Let me start off by saying I highly believe in ghosts/spirits and the supernatural. I've even had experiences in the past but what happened last night really takes the cake!

Like I said I was on my way home and I passed by this cemetery that I have passed by several times before without any kind of experience. However as I was passing last night I suddenly felt a presence, not just in the car with me but it quite literally felt like it was setting in my lap. This "presence" felt very masculine (no gay ghost jokes please Smile ) and very "forceful."

It took me by surprise because even though I've had some extremely up close and personal with the supernatural, I have never felt anything like this. It felt like this presence was trying to take me over. I got nervous so instead of trying to figure out who or what it was, I simply said "you are not welcomed here and you need to back off and leave!"

It took a few minutes and several times telling the presence to leave but it eventually did. I haven't "felt" this presence any more since that, but I've been really onu guard today. So I guess what
I'm asking is, has anyone else ever had a "drive by haunting?"

@gossamermoon: I guess that makes sense. Plus I can't imagine that chemicals would really be an issue for any spirits that wanted to make their presence known to anyone. If they are going to show up, I can't imagine that chemical compounds would be help or hinder them; you'd think they'd be able to make their presence know either way.

@archubbycub: That sounds pretty scary. Can't say I can provide any insight, just glad that you came out of the situation okay.

Just wanna throw out there that there's at least one person (me) who has never experienced something like what most people posting here have experienced who won't label you as being 'crazy' and actually sees your experiences as being legitimate. Anything less would be an act of unwarranted arrogance in my humble opinion. I know too many closed-minded people who wouldn't give it a second thought.

Thanks Miles. The one thing I've come to believe in telling others about my "experiences" is that they are going to believe what they want to, but they are my personal experiences (been happening off and on since I was a young child) and I know what I have seen/felt/heard. None of them have ever been that personal or nerve wracking as what happened last night though. And even though it was unnerving, I'd kind of like to go back and do some research into the cemetery and its "occupants" so I can have a better understanding of it all!