Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sweet Scene from Alexander (the Great)
I haven't seen this movie but someone just sent this to me and it was very sweet (it takes a minute to get started and it slowly builds up), so I'm sharing for anyone interested.

If anyone saw this movie please share what you thought of it! (I'm thinking of seeing it but I've got so many movies I want to see and not enough time or money to see them all.)

i just remember the movie being too long! over 90 mins and then some :/

90 minutes isn't long.....it was actually 214 minutes...or 3 hours and 34 minutes.....that is fucking longer than sorrow.

i've seen it. it's beautiful on the surface, but in substance it's one long-winding rambling piece with no underlying tone to anchor it all together into one coherent story. it's quite pointless. (unless you want to see some real magnificent set design). Oliver Stone at his worst.

he didn't even get the gay part right. the closest Alexander and Hephaestion got was this:

''Do I look civilized to you?''

Didn't realize that Alexander was Irish. I thought he was Macedonian.
I bid NO Trump!

meridannight Wrote:i've seen it. it's beautiful on the surface, but in substance it's one long-winding rambling piece with no underlying tone to anchor it all together into one coherent story. it's quite pointless. (unless you want to see some real magnificent set design). Oliver Stone at his worst.

he didn't even get the gay part right. the closest Alexander and Hephaestion got was this:
I agree with this ^^^ review. I'm a sucker for big-spectical "ancient" (egypt, greece, rome, w/e) flicks and so, if you'r into that (I'm also into seeing New York destroyed by monsters, ice ages and tidal waves) kind of thing, it is a must see. Otherwise, meh...

MikeW Wrote:I agree with this ^^^ review. I'm a sucker for big-spectical "ancient" (egypt, greece, rome, w/e) flicks and so, if you'r into that (I'm also into seeing New York destroyed by monsters, ice ages and tidal waves) kind of thing, it is a must see. Otherwise, meh...
I wonder if Oliver Stone got to make the movie he really wanted to make? Sometimes the studios cut and cut and /or tone things down and edulcorate (is that an English word?)