Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teenage Pregnancies
I'm sick of people complaining about it.

I never had sex education at school, I found out what a condom was by watching a funny video with someone putting it over his head and blowing one up, while watching it someone told me they can hole 9 Liters of water!Roflmao

But I am sick of how sex is treated in society, its something to be afraid to talk about!
If kids where brought up knowing about sex throughout their youth, instead of making it out to be this "one big conversation", maybe they would know more about it.

Stop bloody well complaining that teens are too immature to have kids, its a good way to make them mature and learn about life on a different level, anyway science has shown its best to have kids at 16.

Twak

Well said card, I also have strong views on this but my brain was too frazzled to reply to this post yesterday. The goverment, People and capitalism in general are allways looking for people to blame for what is wrong with society. If its not teen mothers it will be gays or blacks or some other minority group. While we concentrate on what is supposedly wrong with these groups we are not looking at what the goverment is doing wrong. Its good to see someone of youre age posting such intelegant observations most of the young people I know are too busy editing their profiles on b bo. If youre interested there is an amazing film about teenage pregnancy called "juno" Its an American indie film which has been a big hit in this country, Itll make you laugh a lot too.

sparky71 Wrote:Well said card, I also have strong views on this but my brain was too frazzled to reply to this post yesterday. The goverment, People and capitalism in general are allways looking for people to blame for what is wrong with society. If its not teen mothers it will be gays or blacks or some other minority group. While we concentrate on what is supposedly wrong with these groups we are not looking at what the goverment is doing wrong. Its good to see someone of youre age posting such intelegant observations most of the young people I know are too busy editing their profiles on b bo. If youre interested there is an amazing film about teenage pregnancy called "juno" Its an American indie film which has been a big hit in this country, Itll make you laugh a lot too.

You're making me blush :biggrin:, I would edit a bibo profile but I have no friends so their would be no point Roflmao.

Juno is a very good film, have already seen it it portrays teenage pregnancy in a very different light compared to how society views it especially in the UK, all we think is council houses and benefits being spent of fags and booze, which yes is true for a VERY small amount of teens but the large majority take it seriously.

But unfortunately I think the education system is failing in many different ways not only in sex ed but I've heard about people having kids just because they don't know what to do about careers, they are practically lost in the world and unsure, considering the government pays them to have kids its a good way to find a job.

Card you will make friends when you meet the right people. I used to feel quite lonely and isolated when i was growing up, I had all these thaughts feelings and opinions that I didnt know how to deal with or how to relate to other people. I just found that being honest with myself and others got me there in the end. Just keep it real and be true to youself and you will have more be bo friends requests than you can shake a stick at(though im sure someone like you will want more from life somehow)
Ps do you know how I send a friends request on here

Its just under the avatar picture "Add [username] to Your Buddy List"

Rubbish! How can you learn about life by having a baby?! There's no way a 16 year old is emotionally mature enough to cope with bringing up a child. And what about the cost of raising a baby? Very few teen mums work, so it's us that ends up covering the cost.

Your taxes pay for it?
Look at how much of your taxes are being spent of a stupid war so we can suck upto the super power (America).
I can tell you many more stupid uses of your well earned money, and quite frankly I'm happy supporting someone who has the RIGHT for a fair life.

Young mums are shot into maturity, maturity isn't about life experiences its about a mind set, that mind set is controlled by hormones believe it or not.

Com'on this is as bad as saying gay men cant adopt because their is no female attention, your views are controlled by what you see in the media, maybe you should talk to young mums to get some EXPERIENCE as it seems to be so important to you.

Because someone is a child it does NOT mean that they are not mature.

Life isn't about experience its about being here.

I love debates :biggrin:
Welcome cote

cote Wrote:Rubbish! How can you learn about life by having a baby?! There's no way a 16 year old is emotionally mature enough to cope with bringing up a child. And what about the cost of raising a baby? Very few teen mums work, so it's us that ends up covering the cost.

I am not a historian on child-birthing but one would have to ignore my grandmothers generation and previous. It seemed pretty common for women to have bambinos as soon as they could. 14, 15, 16 was pretty common around those times.

The woman never went to work. They raised a family, took care of the house and husband. That was plenty of work to do.

Was that the best way to raise a family? I dont know.... seems to have worked out pretty well for hundreds of years.

The topic of teenage/single mothers is always a contentious one and there are one or two things which bother me about it.
Young, single mothers are subjected to scorn, ridicule and insults, whereas nobody seems to have anything to say about the feckless b#st#rds who get them pregnant in the first place and then just disappear, shirking all responsibility as they go.
It saddens me that so many teenager girls are left to bring up babies before they've had the chance to do something with their lives. The fact is that historically, a woman's lot in life revolved around housekeeping and child rearing, so early and multiple pregnancies were commonplace. All that was supposed to have changed long ago.
I think that the prospect of having a child would make you grow up pretty quickly, but that doesn't mean you would necessarily be mature enough to handle it. Real maturity comes with age and life experience; you can't just think your way into it.
Even the most level-headed or physically mature teenagers are still kids in so many ways that the thought having kids of their own shouldn't even be on the horizon until they're in their twenties.
However, things are different in reality, and it's about time that society stopped treating them as the scapegoat for all it's woes.

Ride
Well said, don't think i can complain about that :biggrin: