Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teenager broadcasts suicide on website
ardus Wrote:... I have seen enough death and carnage and blood for 5 lifetimes, I don't want to see any more ...
Sorry to hear you have been through that, ardus. Are you home for good now or do you have to go back?

Remybussi

Hey ardus, welcome back. Hope it is a return for good and ya are home and safe.

Thanks for posting about your experience and if ya dont mind me asking: Would ya do it again?

Have talked to a number of men who talk about defending ones country and eager to go to war... Wondered what your opinion was...

WELCOME BACK
Bighug

marshlander Wrote:Sorry to hear you have been through that, ardus. Are you home for good now or do you have to go back?

Remybussi

Right now am on R&R leave so I'll be around for a couple weeks then I will be back in Afghanistan after that.

fjp999 Wrote:Hey ardus, welcome back. Hope it is a return for good and ya are home and safe.

Thanks for posting about your experience and if ya dont mind me asking: Would ya do it again?

Have talked to a number of men who talk about defending ones country and eager to go to war... Wondered what your opinion was...

WELCOME BACK

Bighug

Though I am getting ready to get out of the Army in about a year or so, I wouldn't trade my experiences as a soldier for anything. I've been a soldier for almost 8 years now, and in the Army not only have I learned things about myself but I've met people and made friends that I would never have had the opportunity to do outside of the Army. The experience on the whole has been good, I do however know that it is time for me to move on. There are a lot of things about being in the Army that are not great, not the least of which is the fact that I have to hide my sexuality, but the experiences I have had, and the people I have met, and the places I have been are worth the sacrifices that I have had to make.

Thanks for that ardus... WoW, 8 years is pretty amazing, and one year to go. Enjoy your R&R.

What ya thinking of doing when youre out of the service?

btw, Thanks for your efforts in Afghanistan. We dont get to hear much about this forgotten war lately. Any thoughts of what the troops think about Obama taking over in January?

fjp999 Wrote:Thanks for that ardus... WoW, 8 years is pretty amazing, and one year to go. Enjoy your R&R.

What ya thinking of doing when youre out of the service?

btw, Thanks for your efforts in Afghanistan. We dont get to hear much about this forgotten war lately. Any thoughts of what the troops think about Obama taking over in January?

Thanks I will enjoy it

When I get out I will be going back to school, looking at enrolling in the University of Washington and studying International Relations.\

As far as what the troops think about President Elect Obama, personally, I voted for him, so I am very glad. Obama is the first politician in years I have felt excitied about. I voted for him because I think he might actually bring new ideas and change to the government and that is exactly what I think we need right now. As far as what everyone else thinks, most soldiers are conservatives, and most of my buddies voted for John McCain. A lot of them are worried about what will happen in the next couple of years, thinking that someone will attempt to assasinate President Obama. Who knows, we shall see.