Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tensions in Syria skyrocket
I went to check my email on yahoo when I saw on the front page that the USS Nimitz along with 4 other ships in its squadron moved into the Red Sea for "Prudent Planning", ready to respond if something happens. I want to know why they're doing this, just bring the troops back already, we're sitting on the brink of WW3

*Shuffles tarot cards...

This will not end well!

You recon Obama will take action?

From where I sit I agree, but the target has to exclude civilians

What will be will be.

but i doubt we,ll be lucky enough to have a good world war, just be a series of explosions and we all fucking fucked.

World war II was brought to an end by a weapon of unimaginable power that made certain we,d never fight a war on that scale, in that way again, alas BOOM!

Many wars have been fought conventionally since 1945

The UK didn't need or use nuclear weapons in the South Atlantic in 1982.

Yeah I thought about that. I did say "that scale" but who knows.

Is it just me or does Russia needs to start mobilizing the minute that US task force enter the mediterranean, crush through Georgia (2 birds one stone, right?) and Turkey to occupy Syria on behalf of Assad (It's ok, they're friends), and then Iran and Israel should both be like "wait, we had nukes all along...for your entertainment world"...and then China should totally KO Japan, over whatever island dispute they have now, take over their industries and then you have a nice war machine to cross the Pacific and......

oh, wait, wait, common sense just got back to me, sorry.

But seriously. While intervention in Syria is long due, can it be anyone else but US, please? I'll take UK and France over US anyday. US intervention is a heavier destabilizer in the middle east than Islam. Even if this time is justified (still waiting to see the Iraqi WOMD, by the way) it probably won't well on the long term specially if it escalates.

If it really is a matter of hit-and-run, fine...although I seriously doubt Assad will be thrown out out of this alone. Reprisals on the rebels are to be expected!

Im just surprised there are any people left over there in that area, period.

I dont understand why America, or any country, just doesnt go in there and take over.
Well, I do know.....but still.

You should see the refugge camps, virtuall small countrys growing everyday, large majority of young people.

David cameron has asked permission to interveen to representitives of "the people"

The same move as obama, feels like limbo.

Is that correct.

WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN?

Even the british muslims are divided over intervention.

Maybe oneday united nations will mean something.