Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terminator 5........WHEN will it END????
OMG! REALLY????

As if the first 4 weren't enough.......they have to DRAG out this old, tired, beaten horse of a storyline AGAIN!

I have to agree with you, I was over it after the first one.

I am all for good scifi and action films........but OMG! HOW many times are they going to kill off these machines?

GEEZ! Give it a REST already!!!

They did the same thing with Alien. I recently watched Aliens and I'd forgotten how much worse that was than the first one. Then they upped the ante with the third and fourth one, the Alien vs. Predator movies, and then Prometheus. It's all down hill from here.

Seriously now? The first 3 were fine. It needed to stop there. Now they're just pumping them out as quickly as they can make them. It's sickening.

*groan*
Still no sign of that dark future seen at the beginning of the first film.
That is the only way they could catch my interest at this point, is have a film set in that future.
And no, Salvation was a joke...
Shame it's scared them back to the rewriting history before judgement day storyline again.

Miles Wrote:They did the same thing with Alien. I recently watched Aliens and I'd forgotten how much worse that was than the first one. Then they upped the ante with the third and fourth one, the Alien vs. Predator movies, and then Prometheus. It's all down hill from here.

Well, Prometheus is the "prequel" to Alien.
Although I detest and despise prequels, I found Prometheus very good. It was nice to learn the origins of the Alien species.

I doubt that there will be any more. If there are, it will be a long time.

I definitely gave up after 4 when I LOVE movies that deal with the issues of sentience and free will and was looking forward to a machine that had it but that movie bombed for me. I should've known better.

I also saw it as sort of a "cure" of having taken kids to see the Hannah movie countless times, but after I got out of the cinema I couldn't wait to take kids to see the Hannah movie again to help me forget T4!

I suspect nostalgia plays a large part in why these movies seem to work. As people get older they've "seen it all before" from the tired formulas and are less impressed by new movies, but movies that bring back "better days" to them will still work. Nostalgia is a very powerful force in the human psyche. And that, I believe, is the ONLY explanation for...

Jem!

I loved Jem when I was 6, but there are so many things wrong with this I don't even know where to begin. As far as I can see, however, it's just more exploitation of nostalgia.

miles noooooo "Aliens" is a classic, one of those few sequels that was better than the first… yeah after that it went downhill but you cant put "Aliens" in that catagory pfft!

And terminator 5 has all the original cast from terminator 1 & 2, jesus even linda hamilton, they must of found her in the pie shop, edward furlong looks like a junkie, robert patrick and arnie havent aged, well they’re robots, im actually quite excited about this film unlike transformers which they just roll end endlessly, give me strength.

^^ (ETA: to my post above Partis)

Changed my mind, decided the Jem remake didn't deserve its own thread.