Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testicular Cancer Awareness.
How often do you check? A perhaps embarrassing question but we start to know more about testicular cancer and Testicular Cancer awareness becomes more regular than in the past, at least in Britain. Statistically speaking it effects Caucasian men more often than others and younger than 50 years old.This type of cancer is one of the comparatively rare and easiest to treat and cure if is diagnosed in time. So it is important to check ourself.

Here is a link that explains how to do that:
Checking yourself for testicular cancer

And for more information:
Testicular Cancer symptoms treatment information signs questions answers prevention

I heard after 40 it was nearly impossible to get. Am I wrong?

I do make the odd check of em... probably not as often as I should though.

I've always been paranoid about it since I was a kid, so I check quite often. For awhile I didn't think about the duct, so I thought it was a lump until I saw an anatomical drawing of the testicles.
I don't know if its hereditary, but cancer seems to be quite fond of both sides of my family, but I don't know if anyone had testicular cancer. Its mostly skin cancer and/or prostate cancer.

I think they say about Prostate Cancer that it's probably not that that will kill you, as it tends to be an old person's cancer and is slow developing mostly (so you're quite likely to die of a heart attack first). Anyway, thanks, Spoty, for reminding us about the family jewels and how to take care of them. :biggrin: Confusedmile: Wink

Wow...never checked myself before...until now Wink Funny how I always examine my pecs for lumps and never bothered down there.

fjp999 Wrote:I heard after 40 it was nearly impossible to get. Am I wrong?

I Dont know but maybe you are right, it is mostly men as young as 16 that get affected by this and men in their 30's but judging from peoples testimonial, nothing scientific about that info.

princealbertofb Wrote:I think they say about Prostate Cancer that it's probably not that that will kill you, as it tends to be an old person's cancer and is slow developing mostly (so you're quite likely to die of a heart attack first). Anyway, thanks, Spoty, for reminding us about the family jewels and how to take care of them. :biggrin: Confusedmile: Wink

Yes the family jewels got to protect them..lol

Dan1089 Wrote:Wow...never checked myself before...until now Wink Funny how I always examine my pecs for lumps and never bothered down there.

Apparently from what i ve read men can have lumps in the chest area too, not something i would expect! lol

Searching down there though can be fun haha