Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas Weather --- It SNOWED here again!!!
Ok, I know where some of you guys live, snow is not an uncommon thing, but here in Texas it IS!

I believe it has snowed here a total of 4 times in the past 6 months here where I live in Texas.

Today, I woke up to snow covering everything, and that was about two hours ago, and it is STILL coming down!!!

Up in the panhandle, snow during the winter is not uncommon, and even have had a few blizzards, but this is just SO out of the ordinary!!! Even with the screwed up weather patterns we have now, since El Nino (with the squiggly over the n).

IF it does snow here.........that is IF it snows here, it is usually for a few minutes and nothing gets covered in white. But so far in the past few months, we have had it snow several times here, enough to cover everything with white!! This is just not normal for any state of weather in Texas!! OMG!!! ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!

I dont mind snow, but its the after effects......slick streets, icy roads, and the COLD freeking air!!! Im just so tired of it now. If I wanted this kind of weather, I would move to Washington State.......or go roommate with Mr. Chase!!!! Rofl

Snow in the Dallas area of Texas today......

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yeah, we got it here in Albuquerque, NM too. People here are freaking out over it and I'm laughing. My morning class was actually canceled because of the snow, too. I didn't think much of it and drove over to campus in my RWD sports car to find that nobody else was there. Wimps! (Yes, you too, Tinkles Smile )

That's so weird, I never imagined you would get snow that far south!!

Maybe it's a feeling you have too, but I hope winter ends soon!!

VileKyle Wrote:Yeah, we got it here in Albuquerque, NM too. People here are freaking out over it and I'm laughing. My morning class was actually canceled because of the snow, too. I didn't think much of it and drove over to campus in my RWD sports car to find that nobody else was there. Wimps! (Yes, you too, Tinkles Smile )

LMAO

No, Im not a wimp.......I can drive in it, or should I say, Im one of the FEW people who KNOW how to drive in it........I just dont like it. Once a year is enough for me.

I actually need to get out today, but its one of those head banging issues.........

Should I get out today or stay in? Will it be worse tomorrow? Will it be better tomorrow?
Decisions, decisions.

MisterTinkles Wrote:I actually need to get out today, but its one of those head banging issues.........

Should I get out today or stay in? Will it be worse tomorrow? Will it be better tomorrow?
Decisions, decisions.

It's only snow huh? :p

Ekwarph Wrote:It's only snow huh? :p

Its not the SNOW Im worried about, it is all the freeking brain dead assholes that think "snow on the roads" means "drive FASTER"!!!

I can handle the snow.......its the frickin retards and violent assholes on the roads I hate!!!

The so-called "weather men" say this is the last week we are to get of freezing temperatures....so we will see.......

MisterTinkles Wrote:Its not the SNOW Im worried about, it is all the freeking brain dead assholes that think "snow on the roads" means "drive FASTER"!!!

I can handle the snow.......its the frickin retards and violent assholes on the roads I hate!!!

Now I can definitely agree with that part. Snow up north wasn't ever too terrible unless it was a blizzard, since people were prepared for it and knew how to drive in it. Down south it's an entirely different story.

Damn, people here can't drive on the road on a clear day, much less in any kind of weather. I see wrecks here all the time, so now that there's snow on the ground the city is turning into a junk pile of wrecked cars. I know how to drive in it, so my main concern is making sure nobody else hits me.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Ok, I know where some of you guys live, snow is not an uncommon thing, but here in Texas it IS!

I believe it has snowed here a total of 4 times in the past 6 months here where I live in Texas.

Today, I woke up to snow covering everything, and that was about two hours ago, and it is STILL coming down!!!

Up in the panhandle, snow during the winter is not uncommon, and even have had a few blizzards, but this is just SO out of the ordinary!!! Even with the screwed up weather patterns we have now, since El Nino (with the squiggly over the n).

IF it does snow here.........that is IF it snows here, it is usually for a few minutes and nothing gets covered in white. But so far in the past few months, we have had it snow several times here, enough to cover everything with white!! This is just not normal for any state of weather in Texas!! OMG!!! ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!

I dont mind snow, but its the after effects......slick streets, icy roads, and the COLD freeking air!!! Im just so tired of it now. If I wanted this kind of weather, I would move to Washington State.......or go roommate with Mr. Chase!!!! Rofl

Snow in the Dallas area of Texas today......

You do realize that El Nino is not a new phenomenon, right? It occurs every 6-8 years, and has been from long before any of us on this forum were born, AND its not currently active: http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/an...odisc.html

The weird snowstorms are a result of Climate Change, which only political groups calim isnt a real phenomenon. There is no longer any real dispute among climate scientists that it might not be real.