Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 10 gayest cities in the world
I don't know who made that list but NY isn't a gay city, and to think that Montreal and Toronto one of the gayest most welcome LGBT cities in North America after Cape Cod and San Francisco wasn't mentioned. And who the F-ing hell added Paris in there. I don't know where you've been in Paris, but beside being close to Bois-de Boulogne not so many places in Paris is gay friendly, they may not going to lynch you on the public place but you can be certain there will be people pointing finger at you and laugh at you. And the one who said Sydney, I'm sorry Sydney, Australia isn't gay friendly, in fact Australia as a whole isn't much of a gay friendly country, they tolerate it but they do not advocate it either.

Buzy Wrote:Brighton in UK, is a very famous gay city ! For me, the community in Brighton is very better than London ...

One day if you travel in Uk, come in Brighton some days !

Brighton is only gay when the sun shines and it's Pride day.

Whatever you do, don't go when it's raining....

Alex Wrote:I don't know who made that list but NY isn't a gay city, and to think that Montreal and Toronto one of the gayest most welcome LGBT cities in North America after Cape Cod and San Francisco wasn't mentioned. And who the F-ing hell added Paris in there. I don't know where you've been in Paris, but beside being close to Bois-de Boulogne not so many places in Paris is gay friendly, they may not going to lynch you on the public place but you can be certain there will be people pointing finger at you and laugh at you. And the one who said Sydney, I'm sorry Sydney, Australia isn't gay friendly, in fact Australia as a whole isn't much of a gay friendly country, they tolerate it but they do not advocate it either.

Calm down dear, it's not a definitive top ten list, it's just someone's perception, either based on what there experienced, or what they've read.

I've never been to Montreal, so have no opinion on it, I'm sure it's as gay on pride day as any other city.

I lived in Sydney for three months. The government may not be supportive of gay marriage, but it's still as welcoming a gay city as I've ever been to.

As for Paris, well it may be romantic, but I've never found it to be particularly gay.Roflmao

Oh, and I was in Cape Cod 2 months ago. It was shut. Need I say more.

OlderButWiser Wrote:Calm down dear, it's not a definitive top ten list, it's just someone's perception, either based on what there experienced, or what they've read.

I've never been to Montreal, so have no opinion on it, I'm sure it's as gay on pride day as any other city.

I lived in Sydney for three months. The government may not be supportive of gay marriage, but it's still as welcoming a gay city as I've ever been to.

As for Paris, well it may be romantic, but I've never found it to be particularly gay.Roflmao
Alex is Australian ODW trust me he knows, perhaps things have changed in Sydney, but when Alex was growing up, this wasn't a safe place to be when one was gay.
Montreal is definitely a gay friendly city, and not just during Gay pride, you can be anywhere in Montreal and holding hands, there's a village but the whole island is gay friendly you'll find gay everywhere from north to south from east to west , north shore, south shore and east and west end.
I lived and studied three years in Paris, and NO it is absolutely not a gay city. Paris would be a wonderful city if it wasn't for one thing... THE PARISIANS LOL
I don't know about Cape Cod, haven't been there in years, went with Alex 6 years ago so it was a mistake to refer to it LOL

Since the OP neglected to give a link to the source of this list, I had to look it up. Remember, when you are putting the words of someone else as a source of information, you always include the link or give proper credit to the writer or publisher of the the article.
http://www.ucityguides.com/cities/top-10...tions.html
Just as I suspected, this was a travel website. These lists are almost always compiled by someone that has an interest in promoting travel and sometimes someone with an interest in selling real estate. Because of their motivation, the lists put out by the same people often vary wildly from year to year, because they want to give all their destinations a mention at sometime or another. If these were really based on a strict set of criteria like glbt protections, acceptance and friendliness by locals, amount of glbt businesses and organizations, and the glbt population, the list would change very slowly over time. Seven new cities would not suddenly appear in next years list and what was number nine last year would not become number one. The world just doesn't change that fast in a year. Every time one of these list come out, there are always comments by people upset and disagreeing with what was included and not included, but remember that usually there is no real legitimacy behind these lists other than someone trying to promote a destination.

I live near Beirut; although it's not too LGBT-friendly, it's considered the gay paradise in the Arab world. But don't ask me why I've never been in a gay bar, because it's still unsafe and I lack the ability to go there frequently.