Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Adonis Complex
closet coffee guy Wrote:Omg perfectly said^^ The "adonis complex" describes exactly the way i am but it isn't to please others, it's all about pleasing yourself. not too far from one's choice in sexuality no?

this! (minus the choice thing lol)

As those who know me know.. I really want to get myself bigger. It's something I am doing for my own benefit rather than anyone elses. I hated the ultra skinny look I used to have. Now I've added a LITTLE extra meat on my bones but want to add much more, I'm still nowhere near happy with my current body.

so i don't get the controversy over the "choice of sexuality" comment. As a man who claims "Bi" having had been with women in the past, not one planning to be in the future, it seems only logical that one chooses their company and relationships based directly or indirectly on who and what makes them happy/comfortable in life. similarly one also lives their lives and derives much of their personality and compulsions from what makes them happy, no? so what seems to be the argument against?

Controversy? No, that's a bit stronger than the simple question I raised. Do we choose our sexuality or does our sexuality choose us?

It is not a complex, anybody that does an body sculpting knows that a mirror is how you measure progress. Scales to record wt. & body fat percentages have no bearing on how you physically look. You can only measure progress with a mirror. Wt. and body fat% are only guides that are different for every individual. Mirrors are also required to maintain form in lifting. Posing in front of a mirror is not only for checking form for competition body builders it is also part of a workout routine. 30 minutes of flexing you muscles will fatigue them the same as any lifting routine. Fitness is not a complex and hardly unobtainable.Terms like Adonis complex are labels invented by people to justify their own lack of willpower to keep themselves fit & healthy. The human body is designed for long distance nomadic walking, not for how we live our lives with the convenience's of the 21st century. Wt lifting & exercise is how we simulate what our body's are designed for.

If a guy wants to change his body shape, what's the problem? Adonis probably would be a healthy man who would live longer than average and feel happy with his body. For me the only problem would be if he takes drugs to achieve his ideal body shape, because this can often result in a shrinking of the part of his body that turns me on most!