Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Athiest in the woods
An athiest was walking through the woods.

'What majestic trees! 'What powerful rivers! 'What beautiful animals!' he said to himself.

As he was walking alongside the river, he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. He turned to look. He saw a 7-foot grizzly bear charge towards him. He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder & saw that the bear was closing in on him..

He looked over his shoulder again, & the bear was even closer. He tripped & fell on the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up but saw that the bear was right on top of him, reaching for him with his left paw & raising his right paw to strike him...

At that instant the athiest cried out, 'Oh my God!'

Time Stopped. The bear froze. The forest was silent.

As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky.

'You deny my existence for all these years, teach others I don't exist and even credit creation to cosmic accident.' 'Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?

The athiest looked directly into the light, 'It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask you to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps you could make the BEAR a Christian'?

'Very well,' said the voice.

The light went out. The sounds of the forest resumed. And the bear dropped his right paw, brought both paws together, bowed his head & spoke:

'Lord bless this food, which I am about to receive from thy bounty through Christ our Lord, Amen.'
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

is this a direct hit on atheism? if so, Im quite offended

It's a JOKE.

I thought we were all used to Londonders sense of humor by now anyway?!!

mr.tinkles, you gotta remember I was gone for the longest time and I dont know him too well or his sense of humor. nothing against him.

ivorybenz Wrote:mr.tinkles, you gotta remember I was gone for the longest time and I dont know him too well or his sense of humor. nothing against him.

Thats ok.

Londoner likes jokes. That's his main "forte" on here.......he don't do it to piss people off.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Thats ok.

Londoner likes jokes. That's his main "forte" on here.......he don't do it to piss people off.

thats cool. I dont mind jokes but if I dont know the person too well (or in this case, havent seen many of his posts) I do get offended easily. I dont want anyone to take it personally if I do get offended though.

ivorybenz Wrote:is this a direct hit on atheism? if so, Im quite offended

Don't be offended, I'm an athiest also.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:Don't be offended, I'm an athiest also.

alright cool.