Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Commonweath Games in Glasgow
Is anyone else watching the Games? I've been very impressed with the friendliness of the public and the attitude of those taking part who have congratulated each other even though they have been on opposing sides.

I've really enjoyed the gymnasts and the divers (not just for the eye candy) but for the sheer skill they demonstrate. The Games end on Sunday so you have a little time to catch up on some events if you're interested.

Here's a small taster:

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I've done my bit in giving directions to lost tourists too; especially the hot Australian guy with dreadlocks who stopped me the other day and asked for directions!

I wish the weather had been better, but hey it's Glasgow, expect rain at some point :biggrin:
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

ive been loving the games, and the fact that Scotland have done so well winning medals (half Scottish here) the games have been a great success so far - don't know how those gymnasts do some of those disciplines - watched the high bar in the gym today and we all talked about the strength of the guys was just unbelievable

My raging urge to travel has been re-kindled. TO SCOTLAND! Big Grin And I shall watch these Commonwealth games... yes.

Bookworm Wrote:I've done my bit in giving directions to lost tourists too; especially the hot Australian guy with dreadlocks who stopped me the other day and asked for directions!

I wish the weather had been better, but hey it's Glasgow, expect rain at some point

Hey, some of the time the weather was brilliant. Overall I think that apart from the rather tacky opening ceremony, the games have been a tremendous success and have been a joy to watch.

Yes, the first two days were amazing, the hottest days here in five years! Then the weather fronts arrived :biggrin: It showed off the cheesy opening ceremony in all it's glory though :redface: but yes, been a successful games all round I think, and team Scotland have their biggest medal haul ever!
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

I've been watching the diving from the 10 metre board. Astonishing! There was this 14 years old kid called Matt Dixon. It takes real guts to jump from 10 metres but this young kid seemed completely unphased and got remarakly high scores. He'll be in the finals tonight that will be shown at 19.30 British time.

Tom Daley is at the top of the list at the moment which is interesting since his first two jumps, while not exactly disasterous, weren't up to his usual standard. But he pulled himself together and went from the bottom of the list to the top by the end of the preliminaries.

Well, in the end Tom Daley pulled out all the stops and successfully held on to his Commonwealth Gold Medal title with and unbeatable score of overv 500.