Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The GaySpeak Virtual Pride Parade!
LOL hardly!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I’ve always enjoyed San Jose, CA pride. It’s pretty small compared to SF, but you ran into friends and acquaintances constantly. The parade though was tiny and short when I lived there in the early 00s. Also went up to SF a few times but that was just too big to enjoy. The first time I marched it was a political event somewhere in Germany, but after that they made it a party, in Cologne, which then grew exponentially in just a few years with a parade rivaling their Carnival parades. I marched, danced, worked booths for a couple of years or just went to the pride events. Here in Orlando I’ve done all that stuff, too, (blessedly pride here is in cooler October) but I’m not shedding any tears when I miss it.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

I attended the first Pride Parade in Sydney. Not so much a parade as a protest march - most of us ended up in jail. The police were extremely violent in their arrest tactics but the courts later dismissed nearly all charges.
Today we have a contingent of queer police marching - an astonishing change - along with members of the Navy, Army and Airforce. OOOOH those men in uniforms !
The Human Race is Insane.