Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Happening
Hokay, so I've not seen the movie "The Happening" because my mates warned me off it, but they did give me a brief run-down of what happens in the movie.

(DON'T READ ON IF YOU WANT TO WATCH IT, AS I'M ABOUT TO SPOIL IT FOR YOU)

They said that, during the movie, all these people start to die ... and that it ultimately gets worked out that it's Mother Nature's way of thinning out mankind's numbers on a global scale, as we're overcrowding the planet basically ...

... and that, coupled with my "mutants > homosexuals" post on the word association thread Smurlos started got me thinking ...

... do you think that there's any mileage in the notion that homosexuality is an evolutionary step, but not insofar as it means we're a step towards more enlightened beings than homosexuals or anything like that, but a step forward insofar as we're not breeders (for want of a better expression), and so we don't wind up further contributing to the overcrowding of the planet ? As in Mother Nature has introduced homosexuality as a kinda loophole to stave-off mankind's further growth ?

... of course there is another train of thought which is that if Mother Nature were responsible for the evolution of man, and she wanted us to stop growing as a race, why wouldn't she just big-up infertility ? Or is that medical science is getting to a stage where we've a long line of options to address that ?

I really am just talking out loud, and I don't have a single train of thought on this ... so I'm just casting the net out for your views, as I thought it might turn out to be an interesting topic to discuss ...

Cheers !

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

First off The Happening is a buncha bollox :mad: even Marky Mark can't reprise it

Second tho dood you totally knocked my train of thought on the head.....i've always thought conception the most important part of a species...our inclusion into that of the human species is too slow down the spread of mankind .... prolly way off the mark on sayin this but what i've seen in other species like in wildlife shows its only prevelent lifeforms show gay attributes ...swans,dogs,dolphins,apes....though ya could say its also only the intelligent species....lol but in conclusion Shadow dood [Image: hatsoffxy7-1.gif] very kool topic i'd love to learn ya'lls reasons for belief of bein here!

Phil! Wrote:First off The Happening is a buncha bollox :mad: even Marky Mark can't reprise it

Second tho dood you totally knocked my train of thought on the head.....i've always thought conception the most important part of a species...our inclusion into that of the human species is too slow down the spread of mankind .... prolly way off the mark on sayin this but what i've seen in other species like in wildlife shows its only prevelent lifeforms show gay attributes ...swans,dogs,dolphins,apes....though ya could say its also only the intelligent species....lol but in conclusion Shadow dood [Image: hatsoffxy7-1.gif] very kool topic i'd love to learn ya'lls reasons for belief of bein here!

You say it's only prevelent lifeforms, but has anyone actually studied not so prevelent life forms to see if this trait is correct? Maybe it boils down to probability. If you had a team that dealt in a particular species specifically and it became evident that over several years and observing several types in several different areas, that very little or no homoesexual beahviour had been observed, then it might be fair to draw this conclusion. Or maybe that lifeform isn't so prevelent because mother nature has already exercised her plan and so the species has been cut back?

Definitely one to think about (and definitely one I've pondered before)

Phil! Wrote:First off The Happening is a buncha bollox :mad: even Marky Mark can't reprise it

Insofar as humanity is concerned, I think we're here for a reason, but then again I'm a believer in the supernatural ... and the afterlife ! So I think that some of us as here to make good on mistakes we might have made the last time we had a chance to live ... some of us are here for the first time ... some of us keep making the same old mistakes as before, and so on ...

... with regard to homosexual specifically ? I don't view us as being here for a different reason than heterosexuals - I think that homosexuality is just one of a number of facets that make up the greater whole that is the person, so perhaps it's to teach us humility for something we've done in the past, or maybe even to just help us grow and develop.

Smurlos Wrote:You say it's only prevelent lifeforms, but has anyone actually studied not so prevelent life forms to see if this trait is correct? Maybe it boils down to probability. If you had a team that dealt in a particular species specifically and it became evident that over several years and observing several types in several different areas, that very little or no homoesexual beahviour had been observed, then it might be fair to draw this conclusion. Or maybe that lifeform isn't so prevelent because mother nature has already exercised her plan and so the species has been cut back?

Definitely one to think about (and definitely one I've pondered before)

Interesting point Xyxthumbs - or perhaps it's a question of consciousness that goes hand-in-hand with homosexuality ... insofar as more primitive species than humans tend to focus heavier on procreation, and so their need TO further their species is greater ...

Perhaps homosexuality's increase is due to the success of the human race's growth as a species, rather than as a method of curtailing it ... as in we don't all need to bear children now as there are so very, very many of us ... and so minor deviations from that most basic of necessities are being introduced ?

Kinda like ... the billion or so different flavours of Absolut Vodka ... the Vodka's fine, so they've been experimenting with new flavours ... that kinda thing (although that's a LOUSY comparison to draw ... BAD Shadow !!).

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!