Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Hillside Graveyard
What happened was:

I woke up in a graveyard, the skies were clear and starry, the air was crisp and clean, which kinda contradicts the scene, i would have expected it to smell of freshly turned dirt, the remains of someone long forgotten left to the worms in the ground. Im sitting on a hillside, listening to the whispers of the night, hearing the crickets play their midnight waltz. Then Music, floating gently on the soft breeze, touches my ear. Violin music, playing a song for the dead. Then i look up and i see a shooting star, floating through space, leaving a light streak across the sky. Make a wish, someone whispered to me. Closing my eyes, i wished to be happy…to have something to sing and dance about, to be inspired once more. As i wish upon this shooting star i see one person…only one. I realized then, he’s the one that could potentially inspire me. Someone that could make me dance and sing without a care in the world…only him. Afterwards, i was hearing more than just a violin solo, more than just an ode to the dead, but a symphony of instruments, playing music so beautiful and energetic, i could not stay still. Without a second thought, i just got up and danced. I danced all night in that hillside cemetery, under the stars illuminating the dark, velvet night, till the sun arose and chased away the magic beauty of that starlit night.
Love is love, no matter the gender :heartline:

You true colors are beautiful like a rainbow - Cyndi Lauper

Everywhere we go
We're looking for the sun
Nowhere to grow old
We're always on the run
They say we'll rot in hell
But i dont think we will
They've branded us enough
Outlaws of Love

~Adam Lambert~
For a couple three years I would go to Colma weekly or more often - the City of the Dead http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colma,_California to visit the dead.

This was during a dark period of my life when I was struggling with many things on top of melancholia (whatever now simply calls depression). I did rubbings of the elder stones, and would walk around for hours reading names and dates getting a better idea of how short life really is.

I would take my violin and play in the mausoleums - great echo chambers. On nice foggy days I would play outside to the graves. There is something about how fog mutes the sound of the instrument I really like.

In jest I would say 'At least this audience can't run away!'

I also made friendships with a few of the cemetery/memorial park folk tenders and operators who allows me to play 'for the dead' as long as I kept from upsetting visitors. As far as I know none of the visiting living got upset.
<---<< >>--->

[SIZE=4]I told you I had the body of a 25 year old....

[Image: 57929.jpg?v=1]
[/SIZE]
A beautiful description of a moment of inner peace, Rave, maybe you met Bowyn and his bow without meeting him in person. Maybe you danced to the music of his soul? Confusedmile:
Lols thats an interesting notion.....haha who knows Tongue what i find odd was that me and my friend Joey both had this same dream within about two days of each other. Tongue yet he saw a woman in white playing the violin, the Lady of the Moon, as i like to call her. I just heard the violin and the music being carried upon the breeze. Tongue

Everywhere we go
Nowhere to grow old
We're always on the run
But i dont think we will
Outlaws of Love

~Adam Lambert~
By the way Bowyn, the violin is actually one of my favorite instruments....ever heard of the song called a moon filled sky, or Ikuto's violin song? both are quite beautiful

Everywhere we go
Nowhere to grow old
We're always on the run
But i dont think we will
Outlaws of Love

~Adam Lambert~