Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Man Period!
Do you believe it's true that all men have a period? Not that kind where your dick bleeds.... But the mood swings, hot flashes, And the randomly grumpiness? Im putting my tokens in "the its ture hat" Looking back i do have those times of the month where im really down or clingy. What's your input on the topic? I'd love to hear more about.
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet

Some, not all.
My youngest brother has them sometimes. And it's so damn annoying to be around him then, well it's annoying to be around him anytime Tongue
I've had them sometimes. But none these days really. Only times I'm pissed of is when I'm around my shit brother Tongue

I think it could be scientifically proven men have "periods".
To my limited knowledge in biology much of what we feel is chemical controlled.
Chemical compositions are non static, while females will certainly fluctuate more than males a male will still experience changes over time the only question is how much of a change? I would say ours would be much less regular and probably less frequent as men are a bit more stable in that department.

Isn't this symptomaic of adolescemce? A lot of society tells guys that they are mature at age 28, but the hormones are still roiling.

Interestingly, this may also account for the creativity of youth.
I bid NO Trump!

I do agree that guys go through a man period sort of speak... I do find myself in periods where I'm happier, more upbeat and then times where I'm not, not sure why or if it necessarily due to a "man period" or not.

I imagine a lot of things are all over hormones, food we eat, recreational drugs and whatnot all have an effect or another on us.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Go to sciencedirect, NCBI or the such and find studies about it. I'm too lazy to do that for you at the moment.

Most of what we do, how we feel, etc is controlled electrochemically and the basics, at least, of how that control works are cyclical (for instance, circadian cycles), so it might as well be that it is true.

How prevalent is this, I don't know. I have never found myself in cyclical monthly mood swings.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

No. I can't speak for other men, but my mood is pretty much the same throughout (when averaged over longer periods on the scale of years). I think my mood has been the same since high school, at least. It gets temporarily elevated or depressed depending on external events, not anything internal or physiological.

Men have hormones in their blood of course, although cyclical monthly fluctuations like that --they would have to be caused by something and I can't figure out what would be the monthly clock mechanism responsible for that. ?? I'd be interested to know if there was such a monthly physiological cycle in the male body...
''Do I look civilized to you?''

juxtapose Wrote:YES; it is called the Midlife Crisis‎
i planned ahead for mine. Bought appropriate toys; couple fast street bikes, racing helmet, boots, associated safety gear,. A twisty fast auto X car too. It was the best time of my life.

Nice planning. I think I'll do the same. Smile
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Or it could be the moon, planets, etc affecting us... or any number of things.

Biorhythms are another way of looking at the phenomenon.

http://www.facade.com/biorhythm/

As far as I know men do not ovulate. Smile