Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mothman
I'm a bit tired to post my story, but in short, I had a series of dreams/physical experiences where the creature appeared to me (in my dreams) and I saw something with red eyes flying around my area in Southeastern Idaho in about 2008/2009. I was taking acne medication that could have caused hallucinations, but I have a reason to believe my experience was real.

Has anyone else had experiences with the creature? For anyone unaware, the Mothman is most notorious for its presence in Point Pleasant, West Virginia--most particularly over the Silver Bridge right before it collapsed, killing somewhere around one-hundred people.

there is a statue of the MothMan
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/63008733
[Image: 63008733.jpg]

Well, I doubt the Mothman would fly all the way over to us on this little itty bitty rock we call home Confusedmile: .

But we have old legends about certain parts of the island's are ritualistically haunted by ghosts, usually by those who sailed along or near here and drowned, due to our coral reefs cutting up their boats and sinking them.

A good example would be the lighthouse, where some people see a lady in old "british" like attire, looking out over the sea in hopes her husband would return.

Also, an old house in the old city capital has shown a bunch of supernatural stuff going on in it. It was built when we had no electricity, so nothing electrical is wired in there, yet sometimes things start or stop working in there. Also, they say the man that lived there still comes to visit and sits in his chair and smokes his pipe, with people saying the distinctly smelled smoke in the house.[It's like a small cottage].

Bermuda was clouded in mystery for a very long time and still somewhat is, even to us, as somethings we just don't mess with. The Bermuda Triangle is something that's usually associated with us, obviously, but isn't something that affects us, if it is real[the supernatural part].

We used to be known to sea-farers as "Devil's Isle" , because anyone who came here died by sea, because their boats would sink[from hitting our coral reefs. Very tricky to navigate]. Also, we had strange animals most people had never seen before and we still have some, that people aren't familar with, such as the Cahow.

But as for the Mothman, no. But my family, along with some other native families, have a long history when it comes to the supernatural.

Possibly because my family were slaves, as were most original Bermudian families.

Very deep lore, but unfortunately I've never experienced the Mothman. But if you were in Idaho, why would he be there? I thought he never left Point Pleasant...

I tend to put belief in most things, but not naively. Growing up the way I did and where I am, supernatural things seem like second nature to me, so I tend not to dismiss things so easily, but I'm not naive either Xyxthumbs .

Faeries in Ireland... Chupacupra[?] in Mexico... the Lockness Monster in Scotland... the Mothman in Virginia,Point Pleasant... Yowie Wowie in Australia, Queensland... the Yeti in the Himalayas.

They have to come from somewhere, and most of these creatures[Cryptids] have been seen by many people, so it's not like it's just one person alone.

So yeah, I believe you could see him, but it's best to be rational about the things you believe, so people don't think you're a raving lunatic :biggrin:

[ People tend not to believe or accept what they don't understand or cannot see with their own eyes. I have a very open mind :biggrin: .]

Quote:But if you were in Idaho, why would he be there? I thought he never left Point Pleasant...

I was about to ask the very same question Queenie.

Is there something that we have not heard about ?
As with all supernatural creatures , they can be summoned , or attached to a certain family.

I am curious about this now.

Sorry I almost forgot if you have red brick dust and place it as a line on your window sill and door to your room , the bad dreams should cease.

Any old red brick will do to crush up.

QueenOdi Wrote:if you were in Idaho, why would he be there? I thought he never left Point Pleasant

Even if it's a unique biological entity confined to this reality it's unlikely it could stay in a populated area like that for long without being captured, or at least becoming a tourist attraction.

Considering that it may not be entirely physical, that it can cross realities, then being experienced in Idaho doesn't seem implausible.

And personally I figure where there's one there's more.

My own opinion is such critters are quasi-real, not fully real as we understand it but not completely imaginary either. An ex of mine once explained how such xenoforms (and UFOs, etc) were so much like subatomic particles in their nature, paradoxical and operating by different rules and only partially able to be measured, recorded, or observed.

Pix Wrote:Even if it's a unique biological entity confined to this reality it's unlikely it could stay in a populated area like that for long without being captured, or at least becoming a tourist attraction.

Considering that it may not be entirely physical, that it can cross realities, then being experienced in Idaho doesn't seem implausible.

And personally I figure where there's one there's more.

My own opinion is such critters are quasi-real, not fully real as we understand it but not completely imaginary either. An ex of mine once explained how such xenoforms (and UFOs, etc) were so much like subatomic particles in their nature, paradoxical and operating by different rules and only partially able to be measured, recorded, or observed.

Pix... you always blow my mind away :eek: .

I can see the logic in your logic Wink . I only assumed he'd never leave Point Pleasant, because that's where he's normally seen or reported to have been seen and what the people themselves have said.

Although, I read about a similar Cryptid, called the; "Owl-Man" in a different country.

But what you said makes sense. Though if these things did exist physically, then I'm sure they'd be sure not to get caught and must have some intelligence as to not get captured, but who knows really?

Rock Fish[literally] were thought to be a myth, but then came along the Coelcanth, which is very primitive[with skin nearly hard as rock], so who knows what's hiding out there or that hasn't been discovered yet?