Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The New Ontario Sex Ed Curriculum
I think it's awesome, but I was wondering what others here would think about it. I saw an excerpt on the news about it tonight.

Here's some information:
http://www.campaignlifecoalition.com/ind...curriculum

(Would have liked a less biased source, but this one was the most thorough.)

The new curriculum has included both homosexuality as well as information on masturbation and anal sex.

It starts with grades 1-3 including teaching kids how to use the internet safely.
Grade 3 also learns about homosexuality and gay marriage.
In grades 4-6 the curriculum includes learning about cyber bullying and sexting.
In Grade 6, they also learn about STDs.
Grade 7 has information that includes oral and anal sex in the lesson plan
(More information on the curriculum is included in the link above)

As sad as I feel that it is, there's kids in 6th grade already well versed in giving blowjobs, and I really think that with the way things have been shaping up with sex becoming more and more familiar to younger kids (and treated by many as some kind of game) that starting things off education wise a little earlier is a very GOOD thing.

Education is always a good thing.

I expect that there will be a lot of pushback from the repressed.

Rareboy Wrote:I expect that there will be a lot of pushback from the repressed.

I think so too. From what I understand they tried to get this same thing through last year and got too much push back yeah? Now the balance towards liberals in office has changed or something and they have more power to push it through and make it stick.

According to that article, this curriculum has been written by an alleged pedophile. That doesn't help stop any pushback.