Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The One !!!!!!!
I know its only been a few months but hes the one and he is my everything. we will be spending a year apart as of the 28th and seeing eachother when we can and after that year were building a house together. Unfortanently for me NO KIDS :frown: but i have two neices and i will have a neice and a nephew. Can you say spoiled even more now that they are going to have two uncles. sorry im rambling i just wanted to say i am in love and i have found the one. Any advice on asking him to marry me or even just give him a ring ? hes not keen on the idea of a wedding.

First Congratulations!!!!

Difficult to advise without knowing why he is not keen on a wedding.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Thats sounds so sweet just giving a ring.

Personally I really don't want to get married, but a ring to me just sounds nice its not like oh heres a huge wedding to go with it and a plate full of stress.
Its just a ring which is within it saying a lot!

But I'm curious to how you would give him a ring without suggesting marrage as thats pritty much standard when giving a ring.

Congratulations! I don't envy you that year apart. Three or four weeks at a time is difficult enough for me. I wish you the strength to cope.

Bighug

[COLOR="Purple"]Yeah, I like the ring thing also.

For me it is just nice to have a special creation in a nice metal that is made for just the two of you. That creates a strong bond, imo.

I also like finding a family ring, from Grandpa or such, and keep that tradition going... maybe having the ring recreated for the other partner.

Glad you found The One Clap [/COLOR]

I think he would rather celebrate our love by going on a trip some where or doing something special together rather then spending all that money on a wedding. The year apart will be really hard but it will go by very fast since my job will be quite the distraction. hes already pick on the attempts at being suttle and hinting at a ring. He offered to get one for me next year if things are going good. So much for a big surprise. That and he offered to pay for half of my crotch rocket so we can ride together. i guess thats his idea of our potential marriage. other then the house moving in together.

Well if he is not keen not a big wedding, you can have a small one. Don't know what the legal rules are in Canada, but in Britain all you need is you, him, 2 witnesses and the registrar, can be done in about 15 minutes. Wouldn't cost you much. Just do the absolute minimum to become married.

Personally, I don't think my extended family would forgive me for denying them a wedding to go to. Wink
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:... Personally, I don't think my extended family would forgive me for denying them a wedding to go to. Wink
Nor would your friends. It's amazing the number of very occasional acquaintances who have explicitly asked for an invitation were PA and I to get spliced. I suspect there's a lot of novelty value, but it's nice to be wanted ... sometimes.

Hey everyone dont get too excited we were talking on the phone a few minutes ago and i think things have taken a turn for the worst. I just dont think im good enough for him or hes hard to please or im too young and i can never seem to do anything right. I dont feel like i did when we first started seeing eachother. I think the flame is burning out and i wish he would tell me how he feels so we can both move on with our lives I thought i had found my soul mate but soulmates dont make you feel like crap or that everything you have ever done is wrong. I feel like were both in this relationship for all the wrong reasons. Im too scared to tell him.

Yikes ... that's a bit of a turnaround in two days ... Cry