Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Scottish Independence referendum
Thank heavens the majority have seen sense!
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I'm glad and a bit relieved that Scotland stays in. And let's hope this experience will make the people in Brussels think twice, many changes are needed in Europe.

I still don't get it, but at least it is over. Entertaining that Salmond is bye-bye. Apparently, unlike the USA, Scots politicians are not guaranteed their job when they fuck up.
I bid NO Trump!

I don't think he fucked up at all. He was and still is a robust and formidable politician, who led a minority fringe party from next to nothing all the way to a majority in the Scottish Parliament, and although he lost, 45% of Scots still voted his way yesterday.

I'm hoping to actually get some sleep tonight after my neighbours held an all-night referendum party last night! Sleeping
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

my family voted yes , im here in uk and I wanted independence ...despite the illegal leaks from the treasury and the EU saying Scotland would suffer just before a vote ..again should not have happened !! we only just lost out.....I do hope I live to see it happen though -

The Queen has accepted Scotland's apology.

LONDON (The Borowitz Report) – In the aftermath of Scotland’s “no” vote in the referendum on becoming an independent country, Queen Elizabeth II, of Great Britain, took to the airwaves on Friday morning to inform the people of Scotland that she “graciously and wholeheartedly” accepted their apology.

“Although the matter of independence has been settled, one question remains very much open,” she said in an address televised across Scotland. “And my answer to that question is this: yes, I forgive you.”

The Queen made only scant reference to her obscenity-laden tirade on Thursday, in which she reamed the Scots for even considering breaking away from the United Kingdom.

“Like any parent with a naughty child, I became a little cross,” she said. “I forgive you for provoking me.”

The Queen ended Friday’s address to the Scottish people on a conciliatory note. “Let us all, each and every one of us, move forward now as one great nation, enjoying the benefits and the history of our glorious and historic union,” she said. “Even the forty-five percent of you who are wankers.”

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-...ds-apology

A reminder of her surprise statement just before the vote:
http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-...ed-address

Iceblink Wrote:The Queen has accepted Scotland's apology.

I eyerolled so hard it gave me a headache.

The brilliant Gordon Brown speech that has gone viral:

Glad to hear, Bookworm, that you have gotten some sleep.

There was absolutely nothing factually grounded or logical about my post. I am simply driven once in a while to bellyache about the vagaries of political practitioners either here or there. I suppose, considering the cost of football players, the politicians are actually good value for the money.
I bid NO Trump!

Just joined so late to this thread. Glad the Scots stayed with the UK but really wonder if Cameron, Miliband and Clegg are going to be able to deliver devo-max. If they do, does this open the door to a federated England? Or at least one where devo-max is parceled out around the country.