Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Truth Behind Your Avatar
LiZaRD_PlaNET Wrote:My Avatar is close-up of a flower I took a picture of while hiking on a volcano.

It looks like an anemone... Pretty flowers. Maybe it's not, a native flower of Hawaii?

Ok my turn to give the explanation of my avatar... I think I was looking on the Internet, and any time I find a picture I like, I keep it. When looking through my pictures for my avatar, I saw this again and thought: "Nice!".
It's a set of stamps issued by some islands off the coast of Australia, where they instituted a gay republic. The islands are desserted in fact, but they issued several stamps, a bunch of which are represented in my avatar. I liked the rainbow colours so, that's the story. You can just about distinguish the shape of Australia in the bottom middle stamp. The pink triangle is in the middle. A red ribbon is at the top. The gay rainbow flag and a pink lambda (what's that for again?)

You'll find all sorts of answers to gay lesbian transgender and bisexual symbols in this colourful page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_symbols