Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Whole 30
Has anyone ever tried this?

I know it will work...positive about it....as the principles I already "get"......

I am going to go to acupuncture first and get my body aligned....and get help again with the pressure points to resist sugar...I have alot of faith in acupuncture....and then I am going to balance my body again..WITHOUT SUGAR!

Sugar has wrecked havoc on me now for the past five years since I quit smoking. Before that...eh..not so much. I have managed to take off most of the weight I gained ...but not all of it ....thanks to the sugar....

I go to the gym..and physically I am pretty healthy...but not enough. The sugar consumption is keeping me feeling a little sick ,,,and tired....

I already eat clean most of the time and watch out for alot of the things the plan advocates.....but the sugar has been my downfall....

I am a little afraid of what I will find to get addicted to next....I would like to think "nothing"...but my personality is pre-disposed. I was hoping I would develop an addiction to physical fitness..again. I used to have one pretty much my over the course of my 20s.

Assuming it happens....PLEASE let my next addiction be healthy!

So...anyone else know about Whole 30?

http://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/

It is kinda easy for me to do...and I pretty much do this already..except for the sugar part...and unfortunately sugar is a big part of my diet....

Wish me luck....

Get the laser treatment before the acupuncture..
A friend of mine did hers about 3 months ago and it calmed all her cravings...
She is cigarette free..
No weight gain and is doing (and looking) extremely well.
I look forward to getting mine next month.
(I wonder if it will calm my sex drive?)

Do they have laser treatment for sugar addiction? I had never heard it until you just mentioned it....

We tried Paleo diet for a while, but Ron thought his cholesterol level would go through the roof, that ended that experiment. I think for a while it is ok, but you need to allow for cheating. No need to be an orthodox paleo-dieter.

I'm definitely addicted to sugar, so I'd love to get rid of that, but now is really not the right time. I couldn't do without something white in my coffee, but just drinking water would be healthier anyway.

Tell us about your experiences.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

East Wrote:Do they have laser treatment for sugar addiction? I had never heard it until you just mentioned it....

The laser treatment is based on scientific data
Under the theory that all cravings come from one part of the brain.,.
The average visit in my area is under $50
So for that price I will try it out .
Just like you I love sugar .. right now I'm doing Master Clense to help with that and it's actually working.

I did master cleanse before, lost like 10lbs in 9 days. Was crazy! Then a few weeks later I gained it all back due to binge eating. But I did feel so much healthier doing the whole detox process. As if id live forever Smile

At the end of last month I hit 129 pounds. I am struggling to gain weight.... I really, really don't need to try anything to lose weight.

My secret? Hella stress combined with Zoloft from a prescribing psychologist who didn't listen to me in the first fucking place and get me into therapy three months ago.

I was - past tense, back up to 150 pounds before I started with Fox therapy. So much for medical 'help'....

So...happy to say...7 lbs in 6 days now. We aren't supposed to weigh ourselves BUT I was stuck at this plateau..the exact weight I am today with the 7 lbs gone...forever....very frustrating...

Of course....I completely ignored the amount of sugar I was consuming at the time of my plateau. I figured because I was working out regularly and eating clean that I should have not been at that plateuu for so long.

Funny how I just ignored the sugar which sabotaged everything.....I just told myself I am old...and everyone I know practically gets a little "wide" when they get old Rofl...but that is such a cop out. I think it is more important now than ever to be as healthy as possible because if I don't..I will reap what I sow a lot faster at 57 than at 27.....

Four more pounds will be a weight I haven't seen in years.....

Oh yeah...the diet...easy peasy. I was kinda in shock until today...the sugar withdrawal is pretty serious. I just wanted to lay motionless and sleep...same when I quit drinking and smoking.....and depending on what drug I was withdrawing from..I would sleep up to a month when I wasn't doing something else :eek:

The good news is...mostly I don't feel like I am on a diet at all. I ate tons of cashews and I have put so much fruit and veggies in my drinks I am completely full and satisfied. My new toy (nutri bullet) makes me excited to try a lot of different things....and since I already believed in eating clean anyway..I am cool with their message and methodology...

Wish me luck..I want to reach that number by Monday.....

Congrats on the weight loss mate, and eating the healthy foods that will keep you fuller for longer should help you stop binging and putting it straight back on....

funny acupuncture story - I had it once after a knee op, was in a rehab gym with other people working out too - the guy put them around my knee and one on the top of my foot, he told me that one had something to do with blood pressure etc if I remember correctly - anyways...1 minute later I was describing to him how it felt to be passing out...describing flashing stars lol....turns out that one needle can confuse your brain with regard to the blood pressure so it basically switched me off Smile - I had to be laid down with my eyes rolling to the back of my head till I came round.....was a strange feeling

East Wrote:Has anyone ever tried this?

I know it will work...positive about it....as the principles I already "get"......

I am going to go to acupuncture first and get my body aligned....and get help again with the pressure points to resist sugar...I have alot of faith in acupuncture....and then I am going to balance my body again..WITHOUT SUGAR!

Sugar has wrecked havoc on me now for the past five years since I quit smoking. Before that...eh..not so much. I have managed to take off most of the weight I gained ...but not all of it ....thanks to the sugar....

I go to the gym..and physically I am pretty healthy...but not enough. The sugar consumption is keeping me feeling a little sick ,,,and tired....

I already eat clean most of the time and watch out for alot of the things the plan advocates.....but the sugar has been my downfall....

I am a little afraid of what I will find to get addicted to next....I would like to think "nothing"...but my personality is pre-disposed. I was hoping I would develop an addiction to physical fitness..again. I used to have one pretty much my over the course of my 20s.

Assuming it happens....PLEASE let my next addiction be healthy!

So...anyone else know about Whole 30?

http://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/

It is kinda easy for me to do...and I pretty much do this already..except for the sugar part...and unfortunately sugar is a big part of my diet....

Wish me luck....

Mom and I were talking about this the other day. IS your problem REALLY sugar? Seems to me, in the 70's/80's (? ... when people ate it, were thinner, less US diabetics, obesity, ...) C&H Pure Cane Sugar became "evil" according to the doctors (and government) and we switched over to CORN syrup as the sweetener they put in everything.

I think we were better off with REAL sugar.