Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Whole 30
Borg69 Wrote:Mom and I were talking about this the other day. IS your problem REALLY sugar? Seems to me, in the 70's/80's (? ... when people ate it, were thinner, less US diabetics, obesity, ...) C&H Pure Cane Sugar became "evil" according to the doctors (and government) and we switched over to CORN syrup as the sweetener they put in everything.

I think we were better off with REAL sugar.

Oh yeah..the real sugar...no problem. I don't even think it is addictive. Neither is the sugar in fruit.....

After the 30 days...I can incorporate some stuff into my food...but sugar products will not be one of them.

I don't automatically pay attention to doctors anyway. I always had real butter versus the crap they call margarine. Chemicals are never better than the real thing....

Americans ate tons of butter...and meat fat...along with fruit and vegetables...before they invented the modern preservative and artificial chemical filled food...and they weren't fat.,...

The sugar "products"...they put them in everything...why?????

10 pounds now....gone...but the real victory for me is that the sugar addiction has subsided...

I was in Monterey yesterday with my friend Gary and another friend came up to us and gave us these two Chocolate egg things filled with strawberry and raspberry. I LOVE raspberry anything...and I held it in my hand...and then I associated it with getting sick ,,,and I gave mine to him...and I was happy about it.

I never told Janet I was getting off of sugar so she didn't know but Gary freaked out and thought it might be like asking a cocaine addict if he wanted a line after he quit...and he thought he should have "protected me" from...um...myself LOL. The thing with me though...if I have to altar what other people do...then I have gained nothing. I STILL bartended for many years after I quit drinking.....I STILL enjoy my smoker friends even thought here aren't many of them...

I didn't want a drink or a cigarette...and the drugs...when I was done..I was done...I didn't care what other people did...so hopefully the sugar thing is something I conquered.

Oh yeah..my energy level tripled...really scary to know how much of an effect all the fake processed sugar has on you...

samzv Wrote:I did master cleanse before, lost like 10lbs in 9 days. Was crazy! Then a few weeks later I gained it all back due to binge eating. But I did feel so much healthier doing the whole detox process. As if id live forever Smile
I'm doing the clense before I resume weight training and intense cardio.

I recommend trying an 'ease in period '
This is before I go into complete fasting..
Then the exit strategy is to introduce protein powder with fruits and veggies only..
Then white meat fruits and veggies.

^^^when I am done...I will introduce pasta again...it is the one thing I miss. I could eat this diet forever actually...I prefer it...if I could just get some pasta LOL....and some popcorn when I go to the movies...