Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The end is nigh!
The end of the school year, that is. Smile

I'm a high school teacher in a very poor district and this year was the toughest ever.

It was unbelievable how tough it was.

I often went to sleep at 2 a.m. and had a class the next day at 8 a.m.

I had the worst classes you can possibly imagine (we cal them CEFs, students that have failed the regular system)

I did the double of the teaching time (no extra pay!) because one of my colleagues presented a fake medical certificate and there was no replacement.

I also worked as a legal advisor and course director at school.

In the end, I'm going to get a lousy salary and a mediocre grade because the evaluation of teachers is a joke.

And yet, I'm happy and proud! Smile

congrats to you for making it though another year, and for taking up the career of teaching.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Having made your students' lives better by being a great teacher going that extra mile will have its own reward, even if it isn't recognized by your paycheck or by your colleagues!
Good job.

Cuddly Wrote:Having made your students' lives better by being a great teacher going that extra mile will have its own reward, even if it isn't recognized by your paycheck or by your colleagues!
Good job.

Thanks guys.

Definitely not by my colleagues, they're all sick bastards.

I have to admit I had a secret weapon this year: nine Android tablets. They're an amazing resource, kids love them and the possibilities are endless. Just this week, the subject was taxes (not an easy one!) and we used a VAT calculator and an IRS simulator. The kids totally got it!

Any tips on educational apps are more than welcome.

Wow,tablets in a class? I'll go back to school anytime~ XD

Have a great break,you deserve it. Smile

Thanks, Sweetie! Smile