Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The government is poisoning us via the USDA
Chase Wrote:[Image: coo_coo_clock_animation.gif]

So, Mr. Chase, you believe this government is UNcorrupted, Angelic, and has no ill will or dark agendas for themselves?

MisterTinkles Wrote:So, Mr. Chase, you believe this government is UNcorrupted, Angelic, and has no ill will or dark agendas for themselves?

I don't believe the humans in the government are corrupt, I just believe the lizard people in the government are corrupt.

Chase Wrote:I don't believe the humans in the government are corrupt, I just believe the lizard people in the government are corrupt.

Thats ok Mr Chase. When they do take over, Im sure you will be shaking your head, saying "Oh lordy, lordy, lordy, Mr. Tinkles was right all along".Drool-smiley

You are still young, the older you get and the more you have to deal with in life...you will come to find out the government is corrupt....and unbelievable more corrupt and evil than you ever thought possible.

As someone wise once stated...."there is truth in all things, you just have to find out what part of it is the truth".

MisterTinkles Wrote:Thats ok Mr Chase. When they do take over, Im sure you will be shaking your head, saying "Oh lordy, lordy, lordy, Mr. Tinkles was right all along".Drool-smiley

You are still young, the older you get and the more you have to deal with in life...you will come to find out the government is corrupt....and unbelievable more corrupt and evil than you ever thought possible.

As someone wise once stated...."there is truth in all things, you just have to find out what part of it is the truth".

anti-government crap aside. This isn't really about government it is about consumers.

What does China give us? cheap stuff. The onus at the moment is on the buyer. We had the same problem with Beetroot etc canned in China, some nasties you don't want involved.

The solution? if you have the money, stop being a cheapskate and buy national meats that are marked as organic/free range/no added hormones etc.

Pre-manufactured meats are even worse, I'd be scared to see your threads if you knew what went into things like chicken nuggets, burger patties etc.

tavi Wrote:There was a tv programme a few weeks where they tested the meats in fast food places, when it came to a sample of chicken from the chinese takeaway they could not identify the meat, there was no chicken, no pork, no beef, no lamb, no goats, no nothing!

My first deployment in Afghanistan the Battalion FOB had a restaurant run by the local nationals, the food tasted awesome, so everytime we were at the FOB we'd eat there, great break from Army food.
Anyway long story short there was a security issue on the Battalion FOB with some of the locals making cell phone calls out when patrols were leaving so all the locals were detained and held in this restaurant for questioning, and all their quarters and businesses searched.

Guess what they found in the restaurant.

Frozen Rats.

At least some of the meat they were cooking and telling us was either Beef, Chicken, or Lamb was rat.

So the odds are good I've eaten rat.

Richard

ardus Wrote:My first deployment in Afghanistan the Battalion FOB had a restaurant run by the local nationals, the food tasted awesome, so everytime we were at the FOB we'd eat there, great break from Army food.
Anyway long story short there was a security issue on the Battalion FOB with some of the locals making cell phone calls out when patrols were leaving so all the locals were detained and held in this restaurant for questioning, and all their quarters and businesses searched.

Guess what they found in the restaurant.

Frozen Rats.

At least some of the meat they were cooking and telling us was either Beef, Chicken, or Lamb was rat.

So the odds are good I've eaten rat.

Richard

Sounds meaty. As long as they were sanitary I wouldn't care. Apparently some kinds of rat can be quite tasty. Seems to be a bit of a poor way of doing business though, there isn't much meat on a rat. They should be using something better like guinea pigs.

Cooking meats is mandatory in this day and age.... That tends to destroy most of he pathogens.

Most of my chicken comes from the Chicken lady, all of my eggs come from there as well. So this isn't really that big of a deal for me.

I the end it doesn't really matter... If people only knew what actually went on at food farms and food processors, I doubt obesity would be a problem in America....

BTW we are talking about a population that did nothing - absolutely, positively nothing when it was reported that people eat Pink Slime https://www.google.com/#q=pink+slime You know, mechanically processed chicken.

As long as it looks good and tastes good, people will devour most anything.

There is little evidence that stuff like GMO's are harmful
http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/once...-activism/
http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...a-bad-idea

"Instead of providing people with useful information, mandatory GMO labels would only intensify the misconception that so-called Frankenfoods endanger people's health " - Scientific American

So there is no reason to ban it < 3

I know that this isn't super related, but I had to post it. I HAD TO.

I don't think governments around the world get it right all the time. Some of them are aggressive and malevolent and are capable of causing harm to their own populations as well as others. Others are more benign but just have a habit of making stupid decisions, lack strength or will (this is true of the UK government especially) and are just generally weak and plagued by corruption. But some do get it right some of the time. It's not often but it does happen.

However, a lot of people seem happy to bash the government when really the best thing to do is look in the mirror. The capitalist system, and capitalist governments the world over, are sustained by brainless consumption and reproduction by the people themselves. Conspiracy theorists just play into the hands of the corrupt system as people who believe this bullshit tend to consume more and fuck more. They reproduce more and the whole sordid cycle continues.

I don't think the poor quality Chinese chickens were allowed in on purpose. But I would argue that it is stupid to do it. What's especially absurd is that when you suggest that perhaps we should have more restrictions on imported food from China and other developing nations you automatically get the bloody PC, free-market, neoliberal brigades jumping up saying crap like 'but that's protectionist! That's racist! That's the kind of protectionism that will turn this recession into a full-blown depression'! That last sentence was said by an idiot Liberal Democrat politician in the UK called Vince Cable who was quick to accuse British working class folk of protectionism while saying nothing about China's protectionism for which the country is notorious.

Politicians like Cable are hypocrites of the highest order. Obviously they do not want to be seen offending the Chinese and seem to be more concerned with image and generally putting the welfare of other countries, and people from those countries, before their own people all the while those other countries are closing off access to their markets and putting their own citizens first. Its not a level playing field.

Arkansota Wrote:There is little evidence that stuff like GMO's are harmful
http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/once...-activism/
http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...a-bad-idea

"Instead of providing people with useful information, mandatory GMO labels would only intensify the misconception that so-called Frankenfoods endanger people's health " - Scientific American

So there is no reason to ban it < 3

I know that this isn't super related, but I had to post it. I HAD TO.

I recall a day and age when everyone swore there was nothing wrong with smoking either - Heck my own mother.... Yeah ok, Bad example - Many other mothers actually smoked and drank and doctors touted the health benefits of both mother and baby. And that was during the same time frame I was born in. Which really wasn't that long ago.

Asbestos - a great fireproofing substance that was used on pipes, on steel, in linoleum floors and countless other places for decades - everybody loved it and many said there was no problem with it - Well now we have asbestos remediation and it is considered a serious health risks and billions per year are spent to clean up toxic dump heaps riddled with asbestos - these are typically called homes by the people who live there.

Truth - GM hasn't been around enough, and using it in the wild in our fields is a dangerous thing. I have seen scientific papers linking the use of GM corn leading to stronger strains of rust (a disease/pestilence that wipes out food crops).

Its in the wild it is being met by many viruses, molds, mildews, parasites, and bacteria - it is being devoured by countless species and we have no idea how those species will deal with those genetically engineered parts.

Viruses are especially the most dangerous since they absorb DNA and RNA and use that code in their own to 'improve' themselves.

Truth - Science knows squat, GM hasn't been around long enough to learn everything about it. We still - STILL don't know how 'junk dna' works and what exactly it does - Scientists are still learning that a gene does far much more than one thing - its wholly dependent on other genes and there are still surprises being found.

GM foods is part of big business, Big business does not care about your health, the health of the ecology, the future of the world. Big business cares about turning a profit this quarter - the Almighty Dollar is all that big business cares about and it is why things like tobacco was sold and 'junk science' as 'real science' for decades, such as 'tobacco ain't addictive' was considered 'hard science' and accepted science for at least three decades simply because big Tobacco was able to monopolize and outspend real scientists.

And no doubt, the Scientific Journals went right along with the accepted science of the day, and that is exactly what they are doing today.

Asbestos, Lead, Mercury, Tobacco, X-rays - well the list is pretty exhaustive - these are past examples of how science made statements about how safe something was to come to find out later that that statement wasn't altogether true.

Genetic Engineering should not be done until humans fully and completely understand the genetic code. We don't. There is good deal we do no know about how it works, there is a good deal of unexplored, unmapped, on read DNA and RNA in the world - way to many unknowns to make a sweeping statement as 'fact' that GM foods do not poise a health risk or for that matter any risk whatsoever.

Faith is fine - blind faith never ends well.