Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The irony of the chemist burning in the kitchen
So yeah, this ain't a pitty me thread, but I just had to share this nonsense

I poured boiling water in my hand while cooking.

I who spends 11,25 months a year safe while working with stuff like Trifluoroacetic Acid, pulls this kind of crap instead..

feel free to bash on my stupidity..

doesn't have blisters or anything, it ain't that bad...

[Image: 872507IMG1159.jpg]

At least it doesn't look too bad. I'd give you the whole don't cover with vaseline myth and run with cold water instead speech but you probably know that.

And I wouldn't feel too alone, in my labs at school I frequently work with acids (like scary ones like concentrated sulphuric acids), and am one of the only people who haven't had an accident yet. But please don't watch me cook....LOL...(I do actually like cooking though...)

[Image: warning-hot-water1.jpg]

Sending a awe kiss to help the discomfort

Woollyhats Wrote:At least it doesn't look too bad. I'd give you the whole don't cover with vaseline myth and run with cold water instead speech but you probably know that.

And I wouldn't feel too alone, in my labs at school I frequently work with acids (like scary ones like concentrated sulphuric acids), and am one of the only people who haven't had an accident yet. But please don't watch me cook....LOL...(I do actually like cooking though...)

Yeah, I started pouring water within 2 seconds, I suppose thats why it wasn't that bad Confusedmile:

but it huuuuuuuuuuuuuurts

yep, one of my classmates once sucked up through a pipette some potassium dichromate and she almost lost here teeth

on a happier note, this was the result of mah cooking Confusedmile: some lentil soup with fries and corn/tuna/lettuce salad..

[Image: 408391IMG1160.jpg]

[Image: 496351IMG1161.jpg]

No worries, everyone makes stupid mistakes at times. Just be glad you didn't majorly burn yourself.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

So you want me to point and laugh? Nobody ever just invites me to do that. I'm not quite sure what to do now.

VileKyle Wrote:So you want me to point and laugh? Nobody ever just invites me to do that. I'm not quite sure to do now.

Point and laugh away my boy

VileKyle Wrote:So you want me to point and laugh? Nobody ever just invites me to do that. I'm not quite sure what to do now.

[Image: point-and-laugh.jpg]

Um, Im just curious as to WHY you wanted to pour boiling water on your arm?

Are you THAT desperate for attention? Or did you just want an "extra special gift" from the new BF???

MisterTinkles Wrote:Um, Im just curious as to WHY you wanted to pour boiling water on your arm?

Are you THAT desperate for attention? Or did you just want an "extra special gift" from the new BF???

Just cooking Tinkles, just cooking..