Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new GS
I'm pretty sure there is already a bunch of threads on this but I haven't seen any so "o well." I making this thread because I really like the new GS and I'm happy it's finally back up and running again. I must have checked everyday for who knows how long to see if the site was done being fixed or whatever it was they where doing. I checked again today (quite sure I was going to be disappointed) and I see all this! GS really looks great.

It's taking me a while to find my way around, but I think it is probably going to work out easier than the last version in the end. Following up Joseph's question in another thread, where's the chat room?

Geminight Wrote:I'm pretty sure there is already a bunch of threads on this but I haven't seen any so "o well." I making this thread because I really like the new GS and I'm happy it's finally back up and running again. I must have checked everyday for who knows how long to see if the site was done being fixed or whatever it was they where doing. I checked again today (quite sure I was going to be disappointed) and I see all this! GS really looks great.

Thanx... great to know it was missed and oh big Happy Birthday wishes dude!

marshlander Wrote:It's taking me a while to find my way around, but I think it is probably going to work out easier than the last version in the end. Following up Joseph's question in another thread, where's the chat room?

Awwww that's good... I think the layout is more straightforward and linear like this as everthing is all in one place! :p

I'm working on the new chat atm... should be up and running shortly! Wink
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

When the site was down i did kinda miss it (i know i don't post allot, but i do read at least once a week) For awhile i was starting to wonder if the site had been kacked or simply taken down....

I can say that I don't like the "upgraded" version at all ... oh so much sssslower than the old ver. (then ofcourse there was all that 'stuff' that needed to be added to the windows hosts file LOL)
Too bad, i liked this place.

I registered a very long time ago and can't remember what the site looked liked before it went down but it seems like a nice place now because I am using it. Where as before it went down i registered but did not use the site cause i did not like it back then.

72jay Wrote:When the site was down i did kinda miss it (i know i don't post allot, but i do read at least once a week) For awhile i was starting to wonder if the site had been kacked or simply taken down....

I can say that I don't like the "upgraded" version at all ... oh so much sssslower than the old ver. (then ofcourse there was all that 'stuff' that needed to be added to the windows hosts file LOL)
Too bad, i liked this place.

I thought it would be slightly faster tbh as not so many images etc. (from news section) loading on the main page. Do you mean each page takes longer to load up on your pc? Why did you have to edit your hosts file before? :eek:

bambie Wrote:I registered a very long time ago and can't remember what the site looked liked before it went down but it seems like a nice place now because I am using it. Where as before it went down i registered but did not use the site cause i did not like it back then.

Thanx dude glad you like it! :biggrin:
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Me likey. Looks well cool and funky. We deserved this! Thanks Andy! Big Grin

Dan

Andy Wrote:I thought it would be slightly faster tbh as not so many images etc. (from news section) loading on the main page. Do you mean each page takes longer to load up on your pc?
It was in general all pages were quite a bit slower to load (not too bad tonight though) less images but it seemes like more code/files were being loaded.
The PC i use most of the time for reading these boards is also quite old LOL

Andy Wrote:Why did you have to edit your hosts file before? :eek:
I use the 'hosts' file for blocking stuff (not really its intended purpose, but it can be used for that Smile

On the new site there was some 'stuff' added that connects to/reads from various servers other than gayspeak.com, so i edited to block those other things....now that its taken effect the site seemes fine again LOL think i know which one slowed things down